PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Games

BibleMan
April 20th, 2009, 02:23
Is there an emulator for the NDS that will play cell phone games e.g. .jar files?

It seems as though it should be relatively easy. I've searched for quite a few hours and have only turned up with something that will play small .class files.

Thanks.

B-Man

DanTheManMS
April 20th, 2009, 19:44
Google for PSTROS DS. It's based on the program that you found that runs .class files, with MIDP support added.

BibleMan
April 21st, 2009, 00:59
But it doesn't play .jar files, which is what I'm looking for.

DanTheManMS
April 24th, 2009, 04:07
Yes it does, I've done it. You may need to use JADmaker to make a .jad file for your .jar file, after which point you can make it run on your DS.

SifJar
April 24th, 2009, 18:21
i have tried this, and made a JAD for the jar, and still nothing happened.

arcadekidflo
April 24th, 2009, 20:07
Does it run the java web browser Opera Mini ?

crookedmouth
April 25th, 2009, 04:27
i have tried this, and made a JAD for the jar, and still nothing happened.

You sure that you are putting the .JAR and .JAD file together?

I believe that everything has to be in the root of your card.

Look for games that can be run on a Nokia 6600, since this is what the emulator runs closest to.

Look for games with a resolution of 176x192 or there abouts.

I was playing Assassin's Creed in this awhile back and it was quite good.

Does it run the java web browser Opera Mini ?

No, afraid not, I tried it myself. I believe they mentioned that there wouldn't be network support anyway.

BibleMan
April 25th, 2009, 16:27
More specifically, I'm trying to play the Zelda Mobile game: http://zeldamobile.gorthwogh.net/Downloads.php

I have the .jar and the .jad files, but it still doesn't seem to work.

Ok, I'm going to try this again, but I'll need some help. I have the Pstros.zip file, but there are hundreds of files. DoI need to put them on the root? I really don't want to put that many files on the root.

So anyway, I have Pstros, and my .jar and .jad files. What do I need to do from here?

I've taken all of the .bin and .class files from Pstros and put them on the root of my card, and I've also put the .jar and .jad files there, too. When I run the program, it only gives me the option of eunning the .jad file, which comes back with an error.

Ok, I got a different game to work. Is the Zelda file just too big, or what?

DanTheManMS
April 27th, 2009, 01:32
I'm not sure why the Zelda game itself won't work, but at least you've got other games working so you know that it's not a hardware problem on your end.

You can most likely delete all the *.class files, as those are just example Java programs. Same with the test text file and the test image file.

BibleMan
July 13th, 2009, 07:22
Wow. This program is really unstable. Games that worked before no longer work when I add more games to my card.

Is there a link where I can download the latest version?

Edit: OK, I really need some help. It won't even recognize JAD files now. I've tried removing it it installing it again, with different downloads from several sites. Help please?