PDA

View Full Version : Need help upgrading 1.52 > 2.0

hehj
March 7th, 2006, 18:03
Right, well i'm experiencing difficulties as i try to upgrade my PSP from 1.52 to 2.0 (i then need to downgrade to 1.5..)

I've found this great guide (http://www.rjl.com.au/marketplace/Articles_show.asp?a=21) which makes it pain-stakingly obvious , and it also includes links to the up/downgrades, but i can't get beyond point 6.

'6. To start the update, Select 'icon x' (I forget what it's called but that's not the problem lol) under 'game icon' from the home menu, and select 'weirdo icon'.'

The 'weirdo icon' as i have entitled it only appears for a milisecond on my PSP screen before being replaced with a 'corrupted data icon.'

This doesn't allow me 'press x' as point 7 says, so i can't initate the update.

EDIT: I've noticed that 52k+ have used the same download so i'm doing something really obvious wrong it seems lol. Help is very much appreciated though :)

skagga
March 8th, 2006, 17:30
Make sure you put a folder called UPDATE in your GAME folder on mem stick,(put your 2.0 firmware in here)then when u go to your memstick on the psp u will see the update icon, click on that and your update should start.
It should be as easy as that for u,but if you need any other advice just PM me.

hehj
March 8th, 2006, 23:06
Done it all exactly right, but the update appears as a corrupt file. :(

hehj
March 10th, 2006, 00:13
Apologies for the double post but my psp is lying redundant until i can get this sorted :(

I'll post exactly what i did step-by-step. Maybe you'll be able to spot my mistake? :)

1. Connected PSP to PC via USB port. Went through My Computer > Removable disk (PSP) > GAME. Create UPDATE folder inside GAME.

2. Downloaded the 2.0EBOOT file directly into GAME folder (though i've also tried saving it elsewhere and copying to this location.)

3. Disconnect PSP. Find relevant icon under Game icon. Click on this icon only to see a file disappear within milliseconds, being replaced with a corrupt file. Obviously will not load.

Any ideas?? :)

D0N
March 10th, 2006, 16:33
Try a different 2.00 eboot

Napalm-Death
March 10th, 2006, 17:57
2. Downloaded the 2.0EBOOT file directly into GAME folder (though i've also tried saving it elsewhere and copying to this location.)

Did you put the eboot in the UPDATE folder in GAME, or just GAME?
It has to be in UPDATE to work properly.

hehj
March 10th, 2006, 19:26
Yes sorry, in UPDATE in GAME. :(

I'll be trying it with a different eboot source soon, though i'm waiting for the psp to be fully charged (recommended in sticked thread.)

IndianCheese
March 10th, 2006, 20:14
You know what? You may have grabbed the 2.00a update. This was posted on the Japanese server for about one hour before Sony replaced it with the 2.00b update because the first one was bad. Sony never released this info, but somehow it was found out.

hehj
March 10th, 2006, 21:46
I tried the updates linked in the 'PSP V2.0 to v1.5 Downgrade guide' but with teh same result! :o

SSaxdude
March 11th, 2006, 23:18
Try psp-hacks.com for the 2.0 update.

Grover212
March 12th, 2006, 01:25
i got the 2.0 firmware...load it up...it loads...screen has a X and a O at the bottom...with nothing saying anything (blank)...So I press X...it loads...then a grey blank screen with the button O......like it can't load or can't update or something ..who knows what it says...Whaat is going ooon here...Can anyone help??..

Grover212
March 12th, 2006, 01:30
System settings > Restore default settings

hehj
March 12th, 2006, 02:00
Right, i've formatted the memory card as well as restoring factory settings.

I've used the PSP Hacks 2.0eboot.

It's 100% charged.

:(