PDA

View Full Version : Save problem with Lameboy

waynegretzky
April 21st, 2009, 22:52
I'm currently playing to Pokemon Crystal and I can't load my game. I saved with the emulator on the slot save 0, but when I load my game I see during less than a second the image of where I saved the last time and after it shows me: Pokemon This game Pak is designed only for use on the Game Boy Color.

Please help me, I saved/loaded a lot of time before this error.

Sorry for my bad English...;)

crookedmouth
April 22nd, 2009, 06:10
Here is a quote from DanTheMan, which covers some basic saving info in lameboy. Dan knows whats up.

This is a common misconception. The X button is NOT a savestate button. What happens is that when you save in-game, Lameboy updates its emulated SRAM but doesn't update the *.sav file on your cart until you tell it to with the X button. Thus, to make sure you don't lose your saves, you have to save first in-game and then press X. If you don't do this, you'll lose your progress.

Now the latest version of Lameboy (v0.11) ALSO has a savestate feature that is entirely separate. Press R to get to the Lameboy menu and choose the appropriate option from there.

The important thing to remember is that these are two entirely different saving mechanisms. The X button is for regular in-game saving just like you would do on a real cartridge, while savestates let you resume from the exact point at which you saved.

Side note: Lameboy also updates the *.sav file if you return to the ROM menu to select another game.

waynegretzky
April 22nd, 2009, 20:59
"Now the latest version of Lameboy (v0.11) ALSO has a savestate feature that is entirely separate. Press R to get to the Lameboy menu and choose the appropriate option from there."

That's how I saved, so I think that my save is dead... Now I will use that way: "Thus, to make sure you don't lose your saves, you have to save first in-game and then press X. If you don't do this, you'll lose your progress."

Thank you, now I'll restart my game:(

crookedmouth
April 22nd, 2009, 22:51
That is a bummer. :(