PDA

View Full Version : PSPX48: a HP48 Calculator emulator v1.0

zx-81
March 7th, 2006, 21:14
(News post and new release by zx-81)

Hi all,

X48 is an unix emulator (under X Window) of the famous HP48 GX calculator.
It has been written many years ago by Eddie C. Dost in C langage.

I've sucessfully modified and port the source code of the 0.4.0 version using PSPSDK environment. It's now working fine on PSP !

The package is under GPL Copyright and sources are included.

I've tested it only on PSP with FW 2.5 using Fanjita GTA loader, but it seems to work also on 2.x.

Many HP48 stuff can be found on the following url: http://www.hpcalc.org

As far as i know Helwet Packard graciously began allowing HP48 bios to be downloaded in 2000 (you need it, but it is NOT part of my PSPX48 package because it's not GNU !).

Enjoy, :) :) :)

Zx.

Download Via Comments

UPDATE: A new version working for 1.5 FW is now available

wraggster
March 8th, 2006, 07:25
excellent news :)

Unicorn
March 8th, 2006, 16:56
im having some troubles when i try to load the HP48 ROM...should i rename it or something like that?i just put the 'rom' file into my ROM folder, but the pspx48 just say me that it cant open it...i have tried it with several ROM versions, with no good result...
i cant wait to test your fabulous work :)

zx-81
March 8th, 2006, 17:13
im having some troubles when i try to load the HP48 ROM...should i rename it or something like that?i just put the 'rom' file into my ROM folder, but the pspx48 just say me that it cant open it...i have tried it with several ROM versions, with no good result...
i cant wait to test your fabulous work :)

Ok, you just have to rename the HP48 rom file "rom" and to put it in the ms0:/psp/game/pspx48/ directory (in the same location as the eboot file).

You must not create a directory called rom ... :)

Unicorn
March 8th, 2006, 17:47
i have to go now, but im just seeing the calc on my PSP :) .Now i only have to learn how to use it (612 pages in a PDF document xD).i even dont know how to say "dont recover memory", but i will do!thaks a lot for your REALLY fast answer!

I hope my university teacher to let me use my PSP on my next exams :D

siulmagic
March 8th, 2006, 17:47
if there ilegal plz delete them
i have posted 2 bios dono what diference betwen the 2 but there yo go now trying to figure aout controls=)

Damian666
March 8th, 2006, 18:02
Sorry to bother u guys, but I'm also in the same problem. Exactly what "ROM" file do I put with the Eboot, I can't seem to even find the rom, will somebody help me?

Damian666
March 8th, 2006, 18:08
Hey Everybody,

I don't know if some of you have had any problems, but I know a great website to find preety much all of your classical games. this website is my personal favorite, it's www.snesorama.com.

:D Enjoy :D
Damian666

cousinweb
March 8th, 2006, 18:56
It's ok for me : no problem no use it.
What a wonderfull apps! :cool:
My psp is now my new scientist calc.
Big thanks to you zx-81

zx-81
March 8th, 2006, 19:55
@siulmagic: The good one is gxrom-r.zip. Unzip this file, it contains a rom called gxrom-r. Rename it to 'rom' (without any extention) and put it in the same directory as the PSPX48 eboot.pbp on your PSP Memory Stick.

@Unicorn: To reset the memory, use the analog pad and move the highlighted button up to the key F (in the upper right corner of the HP48), and then press the O button of your PSP :D

@Cousinweb: Thx :D

There is a readme file in the archive, with all control keys explanations :)

cubete
March 8th, 2006, 20:57
The app didn't work for me :confused: , I rename the rom to "rom" and it doesn't work :(

rein
March 8th, 2006, 21:20
I cant get it working. It loads the rom file, but i cant do anything when it sais "Try To Recover Memory?". I have tried to press all the buttons , but only the home button works. I have a 1.5 psp btw. Anyone else tried with a 1.5 psp?

zx-81
March 8th, 2006, 22:33
I cant get it working. It loads the rom file, but i cant do anything when it sais "Try To Recover Memory?". I have tried to press all the buttons , but only the home button works. I have a 1.5 psp btw. Anyone else tried with a 1.5 psp?

I've never tested on 1.5 psp ... When you use the analog stick you don't see the highlighted button moving on the HP48 keyboard ?

zx-81
March 8th, 2006, 22:35
The app didn't work for me :confused: , I rename the rom to "rom" and it doesn't work :(

I've just uploaded a binary version (without any sources) of PSPX48 including all needed binary files here : pspx48 bin v1.0 (http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/public/psp/pspx48/pspx48-bin-v1.0.zip)

cubete
March 8th, 2006, 23:18
I've never tested on 1.5 psp ... When you use the analog stick you don't see the highlighted button moving on the HP48 keyboard ?

Now the app loads good, but I don't see any highlighted button :(

rein
March 8th, 2006, 23:21
Now the app loads good, but I don't see any highlighted button :(

Yeah. Same thing here.

zx-81
March 8th, 2006, 23:29
So it seems that it works only for 2.x FW :( :( :(

rein
March 9th, 2006, 00:34
So it seems that it works only for 2.x FW :( :( :(

Yes, sadly enough. Looks like an awsome and usefull app.

bullhead
March 9th, 2006, 00:42
This is much easier to use than my casio. It is particularly useful with the psp button layout.

zx-81
March 9th, 2006, 09:06
@rein: i will see with CousinWeb for a PSP 1.5 porting, he's got a 1.5/2.0 PSP and we work in the same office :D

LNAtropic
March 9th, 2006, 14:18
Alright, how do I use a simply 9x9 = ? Im able to get passed the Memory question, now it says [Home] ____________ 4: 3: 2: 1:

zx-81
March 9th, 2006, 14:47
HP calculators use Reverse Polish Notation, so you have to clic on 9 then ENTER, then 9 again and finally *

edit: A version of the HP48 manual is available on the hpcalc.org web site ;)

LNAtropic
March 9th, 2006, 15:04
damnit is it possible to use a t183 texas .rom with this? or if there is any at all?

LNAtropic
March 9th, 2006, 15:09
ohhh okay its making sense now.... O is to select and [] is to enter.
Then instead of 3 [X] 3 [Enter "equals"]
It's 3 [Enter] 3 [X] ...

This will get confusing.

YOUNGbloodGAMER
March 9th, 2006, 15:19
Wow, this app looks really good, cant wait to test it. Do any of the games for this calculator work with it also, or is it just a calculator?

LNAtropic
March 9th, 2006, 15:20
BTW, I have a suggestion to make.

Instead of having to hold the PSP awkwardly (left hand on top, right hand on bottom or viceversa), How about switching the top four buttons with the directional pad? That way our hands will mainly be on the bottom of the PSP (in a tilted sense). You would be moving your right finger on the analog stick, and your left hand will be on the directional pad, typing.

9 [Enter] 9 [X]

Will be 9 [up][down] 9 [down]
(mind you, this is a tilted perspective so the 'up' is really 'right')
Instead of 9 [o][square] 9 [square]

What do you think?

zx-81
March 9th, 2006, 15:34
damnit is it possible to use a t183 texas .rom with this? or if there is any at all?

It's a HP48 emulator, so you can not use texas rom ;)

zx-81
March 9th, 2006, 15:36
Wow, this app looks really good, cant wait to test it. Do any of the games for this calculator work with it also, or is it just a calculator?

Yes, it should be possible to use the Linux X48 version on a PC, then dump a game on the RAM, and finally copy this modified ram file in the pspx48 directory.

zx-81
March 9th, 2006, 15:40
BTW, I have a suggestion to make.
What do you think?

Yes you're right, it would be more convenient. It's nothing to modify in the source code :D. It could be in a configuration file :cool:

LNAtropic
March 9th, 2006, 15:41
Damn, it's looking great. I tried using matricies and it's doing great.. I'm all excited now, and I can't imagine how it feels to actually making this work. I bet when you were finished you were hopping around like a little girl... just like I am. and I'm a guy.

LNAtropic
March 9th, 2006, 15:42
oh shoot where's the config file @?

zx-81
March 9th, 2006, 15:45
Should be availaible in the next release :). Anyway, if you want to modify the code by yourself, it's in the psp_kbd.c file ;)

LNAtropic
March 9th, 2006, 15:45
yeah, I can't find the config anywhere... sigh.

zx-81
March 9th, 2006, 15:46
There is no config file for the moment ... Keys are hard coded in the source file ...

Sub Zero
March 9th, 2006, 17:20
hey,
i would really like to use your program too, looks really great, but i have a psp 1.5 and when i load the program it loads, but with an error : can't open (something like,) ms0:/PSP/GAME/CALC~1/hp48 (ps. i use the rom of one of the posts before,gxrom-r) . After that the picture of the calculator does load but it says Try To Recover Memory? and i think i see the highlighted part (its automatically on the ON button, or that buttond is just light) but i cant move it with the arrows/buttons/sticky. Also when i then press Home to exit it hangs at please wait a moment. If you want to test your homebrew on a 1.5 psp send me a pm and maybe we can go on msn or something to test it...

Sub Zero
March 9th, 2006, 19:52
ok, i got something new here :) i copied the hp48 file (and the ram file to be curtain) from your binary version to my psp and i loaded it and it WORKED! (<- on a 1.5) Well, worked might be too big, it loaded without an error. I still can't use my joystick so i can't enter like any number or any thing, what i can do is use my arrows to go through the first menu sort of thing at the calculator. (if you need to press something first in order to activate the joystick (highly doubt it) pls say so, in that case it would work perfectly). If you would have an idea of what it could be and you know how to fix it and if you will fix it, i will gladly test it for you. (ps. i have math tomorrow so pls hurry :P)

zx-81
March 9th, 2006, 20:28
hey,
.... says Try To Recover Memory? and i think i see the highlighted part (its automatically on the ON button, or that buttond is just light)

That's it :)

but i cant move it with the arrows/buttons/sticky.

Here is the problem, because on 2.x using the analog stick you can move the "light" on each button.

Also when i then press Home to exit it hangs at please wait a moment. If you want to test your homebrew on a 1.5 psp send me a pm and maybe we can go on msn or something to test it...

Many thanks for your offer, but it will be very hard for me to debug this soft using MSN :D, anyway CousinWeb will give me soon his PSP for a day and i will be able to port it on 1.5 :cool:

Sub Zero
March 9th, 2006, 20:33
GREAT, and THNX :)
Guess ill have to take my ol' calc tomorrow :(...
But about the msn, i meant that if you would already think you know the problem and how to fix it, i could have tested it for you, not discussing it :)

zx-81
March 9th, 2006, 20:40
I've sent you my MSN ID by MP, we will see what we can do by MSN :)

Sub Zero
March 9th, 2006, 20:55
I tried to add you, but it said you don't posses a microsoft passport, ill send you my e-mail so u can try to add me...

zx-81
March 9th, 2006, 22:55
Thanks to Sub Zero i've been able to compile and to test a full working version for FW 1.5 :)

Taking into account the good advice of LNAtropic, the key mapping has been changed and it's now much more confortable :D

If you want a binary version with only needed files, try this link :

PSPX48 v1.0.1 (http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/public/psp/pspx48/pspx48-bin-v1.0.1.zip)

For binary and sources, take the link below ...

Edit: Those zip files contains now directory for 1.5 and 2.x FW (thanks to WebCousin)

nicodemus34
March 9th, 2006, 23:54
ok wait. i just DL mad roms and i dont know how the directory is supposed to look like & it keeps saying cant load "rom" or sumthin like that. its is suppsed to look like this: x:\psp\game\pspx48\rom ? or sumthing else. wat am i duin wrong? thanks any way i see that its a cool app from wat i hear. keep the work up. ^_^

zx-81
March 10th, 2006, 00:07
In the x:\psp\game\pspx48\ directory, you have to put the rom file of the HP48 called 'rom' (it's not a directory).

LNAtropic
March 10th, 2006, 00:37
ah thanks for changing the keys! Now it's much more comforable =)

ddrdude789
March 10th, 2006, 03:37
could some body tell me exactly where to put all the files, im kind of lost

orion2001
March 10th, 2006, 05:04
Are we supposed to use Kxploit on this to make it compatible with 1.5? I tried putting the folder in my Psp Game folder, but when I tried running it gave me a "This game could not be run" error :(

Anyone have any luck running this on 1.5?

Privateer
March 10th, 2006, 05:46
Couple questions before I get it (if the calc doesn't support these I won't bother)...

1. How does this compare to TI-83/84? 89?
2. Does it support "pretty print" (output can handle unique characters like i and pi, along with actually written out fractions instead of decimals)?[/b]
3. Does it have cosine, sine, tangent, arcsine... and all that jazz?
4. Will it graph for me?
5. Does it work with radians?

I'd be nice, but not necessary, if it can use functions such as solve(), factor(), and expand(). Does it do that?

james_bond7
March 10th, 2006, 06:00
Still can't work properly on 1.5, I can move with the analog joystick now but can't enter, tried everything but no luck. :( any idea??? Thx.

syldaril
March 10th, 2006, 06:41
Excellent work ZX-81. This is a truly great program. I love it
Keep up the great work !

Syldaril.

Sub Zero
March 10th, 2006, 09:16
Still can't work properly on 1.5, I can move with the analog joystick now but can't enter, tried everything but no luck. :( any idea??? Thx.

yes, its a very strange control system but ill explain it.
Lets say you want to do 1+2, in the calculator you would have to press 1 (enter) 2 (enter) +. If you would want to do this you have to get to the number 1 with the joystick, then press the right button (if you would hold the psp normal, if you would hold it for this program the button woud be up) then go to the 2 with your joystick and do the same as with 1. Now go to the + sign and press right again (up when holding it for this program) and there you go, you have a mighty 3 in your screen :)

ps. i have 1.5 and this program and it works fine for me

zx-81
March 10th, 2006, 09:35
Are we supposed to use Kxploit on this to make it compatible with 1.5? I tried putting the folder in my Psp Game folder, but when I tried running it gave me a "This game could not be run" error :(

Anyone have any luck running this on 1.5?

With the help of WebCousin, we've updated the zip file and it now contains a 1.5 fw directory and a 2.0 fw directory :)

zx-81
March 10th, 2006, 09:47
ah thanks for changing the keys! Now it's much more comforable =)

Thanks to you :)

zx-81
March 10th, 2006, 09:52
Couple questions before I get it (if the calc doesn't support these I won't bother)...

1. How does this compare to TI-83/84? 89?

Much more better

2. Does it support "pretty print" (output can handle unique characters like i and pi, along with actually written out fractions instead of decimals)?[/b]

Yes, it performs symbolic computation ... You can write your equations using formulae with variables etc ...

3. Does it have cosine, sine, tangent, arcsine... and all that jazz?
4. Will it graph for me?
5. Does it work with radians?

Yes

:)

zx-81
March 10th, 2006, 10:10
... Also when i then press Home to exit it hangs at please wait a moment.

The home button still doesn't work (even with the new version), but can exit PSPX48 a simple way: press L1 + R1 + Start simultaneously, few seconds and it will exit properly.

You can now also, save the RAM file by pressing SELECT + Start :)

orion2001
March 10th, 2006, 10:11
With the help of WebCousin, we've updated the zip file and it now contains a 1.5 fw directory and a 2.0 fw directory :)

Sweet!!! Thanks so much!!! This is by far one of the coolest homebrew things I have seen on the PSP :). I've been waiting for this forever, had the ugly pspCalc all this while, which really didnt help at all. Now if only there was some tutorial on how to get this to do everything I want it to :D

Cheers

PS- The ROM file is missing in the updated zip file. Dunno if you intended for it to be that way

PPS- Help!! I feel quite retarded but I cant figure out the controls for the life of me! Could someone pls explain how I could do a simple 2+3=5 calculation? with the new control scheme. Would really appreciate it.

zx-81
March 10th, 2006, 11:50
PS- The ROM file is missing in the updated zip file. Dunno if you intended for it to be that way

Yes, the rom can be found easily on hpcal.org web site :
http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=4524 (hp calc)

PPS- Help!! I feel quite retarded but I cant figure out the controls for the life of me! Could someone pls explain how I could do a simple 2+3=5 calculation? with the new control scheme. Would really appreciate it.

Move the highligted button to the HP48 key 2, then press the PSP UP key, then the PSP DOWN Key. Do the same to enter 3. To perform the addition move the highlighted button to the + Key then PSP UP and you've got your result :)

Edit: Here is the complete manual of the HP48 calculator : user guide (http://www.hpcalc.org/hp48/docs/misc/hp48gug.zip)

Sub Zero
March 10th, 2006, 13:32
@ ZX-81
Sorry i left yesterday in such a hurry, my bro wanted to sleep and we share a room...

@ ZX-81 again,
My teacher thought it was awesome only he didnt knew how to handle the HP48 so i still can't do much with it :), yesterday you were beginning about a TI emulator, and after ive seen the TI graph calc of my teacher and... it looks a bit more understandable and frankly i don't want to read the 612 pages of the guide. So if it wont be to much trouble i would also appreciate a TI emulator :D

zx-81
March 10th, 2006, 20:30
@syldaril : thx

@SubZero: don't worry about yesterday. For a Texas Instrument emulator, one can try to port Xtiger (TI emulator for linux), but for the moment i can't find the source code of this very old tool (dead link etc ...).

stevewynn
March 10th, 2006, 21:45
Thank you zx-81!!! this is one of the most finest original programmes ive seen in a very long time! kudos!

works flawlessly on 1.50 :)

ive used Texas Instruments back in the day, but now i want to read the HP manual, just for kicks! even though im not in school anymore. lol

Cheers!

JaySparrow
March 11th, 2006, 02:15
zx-81 did a very very great job!!!!
Im a brazilian fanatic for hp and rpn logic, but a couldnt run on my psp.
After now loading... the screen presents a crazy backpic...
What im doing wrong? a have a psp 1.5 and I see in the previous pspx48 1.0 the position the backpic is quite different file
Please help me. Im using the gxrom-r.zip posted by siulmagic...

Kaiser
March 11th, 2006, 02:19

@SubZero: don't worry about yesterday. For a Texas Instrument emulator, one can try to port Xtiger (TI emulator for linux), but for the moment i can't find the source code of this very old tool (dead link etc ...).

A Texas Insturment emulator would be pretty cool. There are some pretty addicting calculator games out there for it.

JaySparrow
March 11th, 2006, 02:28
Its me again...
what I have to do with the file pspx48-bin-v1.0.1.zip?

LNAtropic
March 11th, 2006, 03:29
Hey guys, when I try to use the Graphing calculator, it works. However, trying to use the viewing mode by fixing the xmin: -10; xmax: 10; ymin: -10; ymax: 10 seems to not really show 10 notches on each line, but still shows... 3 notches +y, 6 notches +x, 2 notches -y, 6 notches -x. How can I make it look like it has 10 notches all sides?

Also, after I graph the line, how can I find out y by selecting x=1? It won't let me type in 1 so I end up having to trace and ending up with all these decimal numbers.
On a t1-83, if i graph it and type 1 for x, it will show what y equals. I just want to know how to do that..
One more thing, after it's graphed.. and say I graphed it on mistake.. How can I get back to the graphing menu? Just like when I accidentally go to the matrix window, how can I get back to the main menu? or just simply go backwards to the window I was previously at?

THank you to whoever answers these questions

LNAtropic
March 11th, 2006, 03:45
A few more questions, how do I simply graph y = (x)^3 - 9x ??
and how do I graph more than one line?

Thank you very much

LNAtropic
March 11th, 2006, 09:01
i come back a few hours later and no reply!!! NOOOOOOO!

Privateer
March 11th, 2006, 09:42
Does this have the ability to do things like solve(), expand(), factor(), and the like?

zx-81
March 11th, 2006, 11:59
Its me again...
what I have to do with the file pspx48-bin-v1.0.1.zip?

Unzip it, and then if you are in 1.5FW, copy the content of the directory pspx48/fw1.5 on the psp/game directory of your memory stick.

That's all (all needed files are included in this zip file) :)

zx-81
March 11th, 2006, 12:03
Does this have the ability to do things like solve(), expand(), factor(), and the like?

Yes, HP 48 is one of the best scientific calculator, even if it's an old one (1990).

zx-81
March 11th, 2006, 12:12
A few more questions, how do I simply graph y = (x)^3 - 9x ??
and how do I graph more than one line?

Thank you very much

I suggest you to read the HP48 manual here : user guide (http://www.hpcalc.org/hp48/docs/misc/hp48gug.zip)

This calculator is powerfull but very hard to use :).

Anyway to enter in the plot menu, you must first use the green shift key (or R1 of your PSP) and then to 8 (plot menu), after you can edit your equation such as (x^3) - (9*x) and then draw it, zoom etc ...

Gwimmel
March 11th, 2006, 13:41

I think xtiger would work incredibly well for the PSP since
you wont have to turn the psp 90 degrees to use it.
http://www.student.nada.kth.se/~md94-jmi/tiger/tiger075.gif

Oh yeah, i found the source code for it. =D
http://www.ticalc.org/pub/unix/tiger.tar.gz

zx-81
March 11th, 2006, 14:34
... Just like when I accidentally go to the matrix window, how can I get back to the main menu?

Click the ON key of the HP48 or press the START button of your PSP (it maps the ON button of the HP calculator) :)

zx-81
March 11th, 2006, 14:39
I think xtiger would work incredibly well for the PSP since
you wont have to turn the psp 90 degrees to use it.

Right :)

Oh yeah, i found the source code for it. =D
http://www.ticalc.org/pub/unix/tiger.tar.gz

Great ! By the way there are some X86 assembler codes inside (to improve performances) that should be rewritten in MIPS R4000, so it's a little bit harder than X48, but of course it's feasible.

darkblu
March 11th, 2006, 15:57
Hey guys, when I try to use the Graphing calculator, it works. However, trying to use the viewing mode by fixing the xmin: -10; xmax: 10; ymin: -10; ymax: 10 seems to not really show 10 notches on each line, but still shows... 3 notches +y, 6 notches +x, 2 notches -y, 6 notches -x. How can I make it look like it has 10 notches all sides?

it shows 2*6 notches on the x and 2*3 notches on the y axis but the extents you've specified are the actual ones - try tracing the function - it will trace exactly in the specified domain.

oh, since this is my first post in this thread - kudos to zx-81 for porting this magnificent emulator! it's a must-have piece of psp homebrew.

Cap'n 1time
March 11th, 2006, 16:09
ah.. what i wouldnt give for a ti83 emulator on psp ;)

JaySparrow
March 11th, 2006, 22:16
Thanks zx-81 for your answer of my post.
I reformat the ms of 32MB and put the hp48bin file just like you said, and... done!!!!
Its a amazing homebrew for the psp
psp runs everything...

zx-81
March 12th, 2006, 01:57
@1timeuser : lol

@Gwimmel: unfortunately the source code is old and not portable (using __asm__ statements with i86 ASM, that makes gcc 3.x and 4 crash). With many patchs and efforts i succeed to compile it under linux, and it seems to work :D

LNAtropic
March 12th, 2006, 05:13
thanks zx but how do i exit out of a screen? like if i drew the graph already, how do i exit that?

LNAtropic
March 12th, 2006, 05:14
oh oops sorry i didnt know there was more pages

pspaddict
March 13th, 2006, 06:34
zx-81, thanks much for this incredibly useful emulator. I got this baby working on firmware 1.50 and everything seems to fuction. You're tops. :)

zx-81
March 13th, 2006, 11:20
@pspaddict: thx

@1timeuser : you should have a TI92 on your PSP very soon :cool:

pspaddict
March 14th, 2006, 07:05
Will you be sharing that with the rest of us zx ol' buddy ol' pal? ;)

zx-81
March 14th, 2006, 09:39
Yes of course, don't worry about it :).

I should release a first version in a couple of days :D

LNAtropic
March 15th, 2006, 10:09
omg... are you serious.. you freakin genius. Btw, will it be cool and turned 90 degrees again?? That makes the PSP look awesome..

LNAtropic
March 15th, 2006, 10:10
i searched up T192 and its a motorola cell phone?

LNAtropic
March 15th, 2006, 10:11
oh okay .... it's t1-92.

zx-81
March 15th, 2006, 10:39
omg... are you serious.. you freakin genius. Btw, will it be cool and turned 90 degrees again?? That makes the PSP look awesome..

The TI 92 is a large calculator, so it won't be turned 90 degrees on PSP :
http://www.student.nada.kth.se/~md94-jmi/tiger/tiger075.gif

:)

LNAtropic
March 16th, 2006, 02:27
you siad a couple days foo! caught me by suprise! thanks for the new calc!

LNAtropic
March 16th, 2006, 02:37
cant find t1-92 rom error. Do we have to look for that? or something we did wrogn?

darkblu
March 16th, 2006, 02:41
LNAtropic, it's TI, as in 'Texas Instruments', not T1

LNAtropic
March 16th, 2006, 02:53
doesn't matter, i'm talking about the error. But, thanks for the correction.

LNAtropic
March 16th, 2006, 02:57
http://web.tiscali.it/magazzinocartoniani/ has texas instrument roms. Do you think if you ahve those, you'll be able to port them?

zx-81
March 16th, 2006, 09:34
I've done it already :)
PSPXTI (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=20531)

Harshboy
March 17th, 2006, 01:51
Hi, this was a great calculator, but too advanced for me due to me not needing something like that. I was wondering if a port of the TI 73 could be possible? Theres an emulator and rom images available on ticalc.org I dont have 100 bucks, but i need one of these calculators for school. My teacher said it would be fine to use a PSP, but there is no TI 73 emulator for PSP (as of what i know)

Link to Page! (http://www.ticalc.org/basics/calculators/ti-73.html)

PS: For the TI 92 emu, where do i put games and apps (BASIC files)

pspaddict
March 17th, 2006, 05:20
What's the difference between the TI-92 rom and the TI-92 plus rom? Does the -plus version contain features the regular TI-92 doesn't?

Cap'n 1time
March 17th, 2006, 05:59
well I requested a Ti calc emulator... and you ported one for me... so here it goes...

can you make a psp app that will mow my lawn?

zx-81
March 17th, 2006, 10:16

PS: For the TI 92 emu, where do i put games and apps (BASIC files)

This kind of feature is not implemented :(

zx-81
March 17th, 2006, 10:17
well I requested a Ti calc emulator... and you ported one for me... so here it goes...

can you make a psp app that will mow my lawn?

lol :D :D :D :D

cdavidrp
April 2nd, 2006, 04:47
EMULADORES DE LAS CALCULADORAS HP Y TI PARA DISPOSITIVOS MOBILES Y PC

Les cuento que utilizo los emuladores para WindowsPC desde el Win95 Hasta el WinVista de las calculadoras Hewlett

Packard y Texas Instruments.

El siguiente link www.gaak.org/hp/emugaak incluye el emulador completo de las calculadoras Hewlett Packard HP48GX,

HP49G y la nueva HP49Gplus junto con las ROMs.

=) Este emulador trabaja igual que una calculadora real.

--------------------

El siguiente link http://lpg.ticalc.org/prj_tiemu/win32.html incluye el emulador de las calculadoras Texas

Instruments TI-89, la nueva TI-89 Titanium, TI-92, TI-92plus y la TI Voyage 200 PLT, PERO sin las ROMs

Afortunadamente las Roms están disponibles gratuitamente en la página oficial de calculadoras TI.

Ver siguiente Link

http://education.ti.com/educationportal/sites/US/productDetail/us_os_92plus.html

http://education.ti.com/educationportal/sites/US/nonProductMulti/apps_latest.html?bid=5

--------------------

También utilizo el emulador para Windows PocketPC de las calcs HP y TI

El siguiente link http://privat.swol.de/ChristophGiesselink/Emu48/e48mb108.zip contiene el emulador Hewlett Packard

HP48GX, HP49G

=) Puedes utilizar las mismas ROMs de la versión de PC www.gaak.org/hp/emugaak

--------------------

El siguiente link www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/309/30978.html contiene el emulador Texas Instruments

=) Puedes utilizar las mismas ROMs de la versión de PC

=( Este emulador trabaja muy lento, por que es un regular port de

www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/84/8442.html

Existe otro emulador de las TI para PocketPC pero con Linux

http://lpg.ticalc.org/prj_tiemu/downloads/tiemu-ipaq-2.00-rc1.tar.gz

=| Este emu no lo he probado, por que tengo solamente mi PocketPC con Windows PocketPC

--------------------

El siguiente link http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/serendipity contiene el emulador de las calculadoras Hewlett Packard

HP48GX y Texas Instruments TI-92 para la PlayStationPortable

No puedo decir de su funcionamiento por que no tengo una PSP, pero creo que me haré a una de ellas.

Lo ideal seria que se creara el emulador de la hp49g y el emulador de TI-92Plus para la PSP.

Para dejarlos motivados, los links del código fuente de estos emus para PC son:

http://www.ticalc.org/pub/win/vtisrc.zip

http://privat.swol.de/ChristophGiesselink/Emu48/e48ms108.zip

zx-81
April 2nd, 2006, 11:54
@cdavidrp: thanks for all those informations and links, but i don't think i will work on a HP49G emulator nor TI-92 Plus hardware2 emulator version. :)

For those who don't understand spanish, google langage (http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en) gives not so bad translation. :D

purple_03
October 10th, 2008, 05:27
i want to have a scientific calculator on my psp...can u give me instructions on how to have this one...i have a psp slim version 3.90 m33-3