PDA

View Full Version : PSP Homebrew Article in the Latest PSM (Playstation Mag in the USA)

wraggster
March 7th, 2006, 20:39
Yesterday i reported that there was a screenshot and small write up about PSMonkeys Nintendo 64 Emulator for the PSP in the PSM Playstation Mag in the USA, well from what ive been told it was part of a big 2 page article on the PSP Homebrew Scene and mentions this very site and posts the url too :D

The article mentions about the fact that homebrew is now available on all PSP firmware and also mentions PSP Ryhthm and SnesTYL.

The magazine you want if you live in the USA is PSM 109.

Its great to see a mainstream magazine post about our PSP Homebrew scene and its great that they chose this site :)

Thoughts ?

crystlshadow
March 8th, 2006, 00:23
That is awesome news! Hopefully now Sony would see and realise that there is very little harm or none at all in the Home Brew Scene! Also if any of Sony's people choses to check this site out, I hope they see the enthusiasm, level of creativity, effort and hard work not to mention all the time spent developing, and talent that all of the coders who visit this MOST AWESOME SITE have! It's a long shot but maybe even finally give us the ability to safely program for the PSP withou having to trick the system in any way! Best of all it's still all FREE plus or minus the donations made to the coders to help them out. Thank you for this site guys, while not a coder myself , I hope to learn some day, and contribute to any HOMEBREW SCENE. :D

idapimp
March 8th, 2006, 00:59
that is very cool. and big props to PSmonkey and his mortal kombat copywrite screen. good job everyone.

PSPh4ck3rCMD
March 8th, 2006, 12:12
oh oh oh looks like sony has even more pressure on them now to allow homebrew. first 1.5 then 2.0 then 2.5 then 2.6 haha and now playstation mags i just think this is so funny. sony just give up we will win

Cap'n 1time
March 8th, 2006, 14:42
Actaully this could be a bad thing. The more publicity upcoming emulators get the more likely that nintendo is going to step in and ask him to quit as it is a violation of IP... I probably shouldnt say this.. but remember that Iris Halo mod Demon was working on? he got an email asking him to quit... thats All the comment I'll make on that subject as Demon might not like explaining it. I will say that his joystick news post caught bungies eye though.