PDA

View Full Version : GBA on Slot-1 (again!)

drronnieboy
April 22nd, 2009, 23:29
Hey guys, long time ROM-er, first time poster, so be gentle!

Basically, my NDS (phat) broke, and so I'm looking to buy a DS Lite, and a new flash card to go with it. I was very happy with my EZ-Flash IV, so I originally decided to go with the EZ-Flash V, but then I heard it wasn't the best. Reading up, I've come to the conclusion that the EDGE DS is pretty badass, and to get it.

The problem is, I've a lot of GBA games I want to play. So my question is:

Can I get the EZ 3-in-1 SLOT-2 card and use it with the EDGE, or will the software not work with two manufacturers?

Also, I know you have to transfer GBA games via the 3-in-1, but once you've done that, can you save it on the SLOT-1 card and play them direct from there (with the 3-in-1 plugged in), or every time I want to play a new GBA game will I need to re-upload whatever game I want to play on to the 3-in-1.

Phew, hope you understood all that! Thanks for reading this!

DanTheManMS
April 24th, 2009, 04:10
The 3in1 will work if you use GBA ExpLoader.

There are two ways of loading games to the 3in1. One of them is by using its built-in 16 MB of RAM, with the disadvantage that you have to wait a few seconds for it to load every time you want to play the game since the data is lost after you power off. The second way is to load the game into its 32 MB of NOR flash. This is very slow to write to, but it stays on there so you can use it just like a regular GBA cartridge and the data isn't lost after poweroff.