PDA

View Full Version : 2.50 Sucks - anything i can do about it? :(

muckerz
March 8th, 2006, 11:38
Hey Guys!

I got my PSP last week.
In the build up to getting it i was getting excited reading about all the homebrew apps and stuff i could get for it.

Now it turns out the stupid PSP i bought is version 2.50...and theres nothing i can do about it! HOW DEPRESSING IS THAT!! :(

Does anyone know how close to cracking the 2.50 firmware people are?

I know there is a tiff overloader or something, but from what i have read i could just end up bricking my PSP... and that wouldnt be good!!

Anyways, any info on anything i can do with my 2.50 PSP would be helpful!

Cheers

Muckerz

muckerz
March 8th, 2006, 11:48
PS - I did use the search button abd everything and i read how bleak the situation is for 2.0+ users... i was just posting this topic in the hopes someone knows some new info about when we'll be able to downgrade or anything.

Cheers

Muckerz

muckerz
March 8th, 2006, 11:58
I just emailed Sony support and asked them how to downgrade from 2.50 to 1.5.... will be interesting to see what they say! haha!

langsalang
March 8th, 2006, 16:51
so u got n e feed back from sony? coz i have the same problem... i bought a white one coz i luved the colour and its 2.5 =_=;; and my old psp is stolen=_=;; which is 1.5 =_=;;

yaustar
March 8th, 2006, 17:02
You guys have heard about the Brown Ale eboot loader right?

PSPCulture
March 8th, 2006, 20:47
My PSP is Firmware 2.6 and I can run quite abit of homebrew, from the NeoGeoCD/SNES/Amiga/GBC/ emulators to DOOM and Quake, with quite a bit in between. What is it that you want to run that only runs on 1.5 that won't run on 2.01+ firmware?

SSaxdude
March 11th, 2006, 02:22
Ever heard of Fastloader or UMDEmulator, PSPCulture? Plus, with 1.5 you don't need to use an Eloader or the GTA save exploit. Since GTA is now playable on 1.5, that makes 1.5 even better.