PDA

View Full Version : NEOCDPSP help needed!

Vega
March 9th, 2006, 01:47
ok, Im a 2.6 eloader user and I downloaded neocdpsp to my GAME folder. Great, it works! So I downloaded KOF'99 rom and placed it in a new rom folder. When I press O to boot the rom, i get a "no neogeo.bin file found". what am i doing wrong? and i noticed the roms download as two compressed folders, so could someone please give me some step-by-step rom installation help? The emulator works fine, just stuck when it comes to roms. Thanks in advance!

Vega
March 9th, 2006, 08:08
sorry, have to bump this ( just the once tho )

Kaiser
March 11th, 2006, 01:12
1. Neo Cd is tricky. You must extract files from ISO and then rezip it up with a .zip extention.

2. KOF 99 doesn't work with some emulators.

edit: What emulator are you using anyway?

Privateer
March 11th, 2006, 22:17
Is there a topic with an explaination as to how on earth you use the NeoGeoCD emulator? It's confusing the crap outta me. :S

yaustar
March 11th, 2006, 22:46
Plenty, search around the other NeoGeo CD help threads, I know I posted at least one full set of instructions around somewhere in reply.

The most common mistake is trying to use normal neo geo/mame/aes/mvs roms for a Neo Geo CD emulator.

masta_g_86
March 12th, 2006, 00:58
ok, Im a 2.6 eloader user and I downloaded neocdpsp to my GAME folder. Great, it works! So I downloaded KOF'99 rom and placed it in a new rom folder. When I press O to boot the rom, i get a "no neogeo.bin file found". what am i doing wrong? and i noticed the roms download as two compressed folders, so could someone please give me some step-by-step rom installation help? The emulator works fine, just stuck when it comes to roms. Thanks in advance!

You are missing the original NeoGeo BIOS ROM. Including it with the NeoCD package is illegal for a couple reasons.

Anyway, search the 'net for neogeo.bin and make sure it's the one for the NeoGeoCD and NOT the NeoGeo cartridge based system. The file you need is about 512KB in size.

P.S.
You should only be downloading this if you actually OWN the system...