PDA

View Full Version : Please help me, the PSP dummy xD

hanashimashou
April 25th, 2009, 19:31
Hi there everyone. I won't keep you for too long.

Im not a newbie at all, I've had a PSP for about 2 years now but unfortunately last year, I sat on it :eek: and cracked the LCD screen and today I got it repaired finally.

Now Im in need of some help.

I'm currently sitting on 3.03 OE-C. It is indeed a wonderful firmware, it does exactly what I wanted it to do, Play my classic PS1 games ^^ but tonight, I did some reading/research about better firmwares. The first thing I came across was 3.51 M33. So, I went ahead and downloaded the needed files (M33CREATOR, the 1.50 eboot and the 3.51 eboot) I did exactly as instructed by all the readmes and tutorials I have seen out there but the damn thing doesnt work. Copied all the needed files to my PSP, renamed the eboots as requested etc.. but it doesnt want to work.

What happens is, I go into my memory stick (from the XMB ofcourse) and I select M33 Creator, it has a sorta pretty reddish icon. I see the PSP logo and the little tune plays. Then, the screen just stays black for about 5 seconds then my PSP turns itself off. According to what I've read online, its supposed to create a new file for me to choose (M33 Update I think its called) but the number of times I've turned it back on and looked for the new file, it just isnt there.
I've had a mess around with the recovery settings but nothing seems to help whatsoever. I've tried it with/without a UMD in the drive etc.. and just nothing.

I got online at 8:30pm and its now 2:30 am and this is all I've been doing. This sucks and I hope you guys here can help me out!

(I'd like to note, Please no one suggest a better firmware to me, I waited 2 and a half hours to download the 3.51 eboot and the 1.50 eboot on this terrible dialup connection and I'm not prepared to download a better firmware. I just wan't to get this firmware working and maybe update again in a few months :p )

I'm pretty sure I have everything in the right order. I have,

F:/PSP/GAME150/M33CREATOR/EBOOT.PBP (from M33_Team_3.51_Install.zip)
F:/PSP/GAME150/M33CREATOR/150.PBP (from 163_EBOOT_1.50.zip)
F:/PSP/GAME150/M33CREATOR/351.PBP(from 14003_EBOOT.PBP)

Zac,

b_simpson1999
April 25th, 2009, 21:24
have you tried having the 150.pbp and 351.pbp put on the root of the memory card? but am not sure has not use M33CREATOR for a long time now so forgot most of it

hanashimashou
April 26th, 2009, 15:07
Hmm. I just tried that. No luck :(

Ok. I just downloaded a 1.50 downgrader, hoping I could downgrade to that, then upgrade to 3.51, but when I use the Run program at PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP , I get the same result, a black screen for about 10 to 15 seconds, then the PSP shuts off. I've tried with/without UMD in, same with the AC Adaptor too. My PSP loads PS1 eboots but it just doesnt seem to want to load any other eboots.

mike_jmg
April 26th, 2009, 17:04
If all this doesn't work, then maybe you could try using a pandora's battery and memory stick to install a newer firmware

hanashimashou
April 26th, 2009, 17:09
Well, I'd rather not go to those measures. I was able to install 3.03 OE-C fine when I did like last year, I just cant seem to either downgrade or upgrade. Hopefully someone will come along who may have had this problem and was able to find a way past it.

b_simpson1999
April 27th, 2009, 17:47
the recovery pack to get to 150 is on here somewhere not sure where but i think the 150.pbp has to either be in that file with the eboot or on the root, but M33CREATOR might work beeter on 150 maybe

hanashimashou
April 27th, 2009, 17:49
I downloaded the most recent 1.50 recovery pack, tried it in both the root and recovery folder/s and still no luck :(

b_simpson1999
April 27th, 2009, 17:58
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49967 try this. ah and i think the 150.pbp needs to be called update.pbp