PDA

View Full Version : DS emoulator for Dreamcast

Cast128dreams
March 9th, 2006, 19:28
Will be this madness ever possible for Dreamcast? With a point and click system and two screens in you TV horrizontaly.

obelisk
March 9th, 2006, 20:06
no. technically impossible.

Lazie_Gamer
March 10th, 2006, 00:12
Im just thinking that it would be very awkward to try to steer the pointer on the bottom while playing the buttons and looking at the top at the same time, even if this kind of thing is possible(or not).

YZB
March 10th, 2006, 13:04
这个应该目前还没有吧~~
- -###

Cast128dreams
March 10th, 2006, 18:47
Well....laizie gamer it wont be as fun as the DS console but the fact that it could run it would be a success!!!!!!!!!..
Hey obelisk?.....Why thechnicaly no?
Iam not full but from my little knowlegde about video game programing and coding Dreamcast can hold the DS power.But if you mean the Dc memory.........
Then...ok

Lazie_Gamer
March 11th, 2006, 03:24
i dont know much about the hardware capabilities of the dreamcast, but it would be very cool if someone could do that, but i AM still saying that it would be awkward to play

Cast128dreams
March 13th, 2006, 17:13
Yes i agree with that Lazie Gamer.......
Hey......这个应该目前还没有吧~~ whats that?
Its all Greek to me....lolllll

gronne
March 14th, 2006, 10:10
It's just plain impossible due to the dc being way to weak. Now I don't know the technical information of either the DC or the DS, but the only way a weak console would ever be able to emulate such a strong system as the DS it would have to be INCREDIBLY similar hardware, and extremely good coding taking advantage of the similarities. But now it's just WAY too weak, and I seriously doubt the hardware is similar(eventhough I never believed we'd ever see a n64 emulated on the psp, but apparently they had similarities in the hardware(I think psmonkey said)). But the n64 is much weaker than the psp, whereas the DC may actually be weaker than a DS(but I'm not at all sure about that).

ptr.exe
March 14th, 2006, 19:55
Where is quzar when you need him?

The DS is similar in power to the N64, which couldn't be emulated on DC because the DCs RAM wasnt big enough for 64 roms, and the lack of power in the DC meant it wouldnt run at any playable frame rate anyway.

The DC is more powerful than the DS.

SSaxdude
March 15th, 2006, 00:37
If Nintendo 64 emulation were successful on the DC, maybe some DS demos could run.

Cast128dreams
March 17th, 2006, 15:08
Hmmmm i am wondering that if some of the n64 games can run in the DC so why not the DS?
I was sure tha the Dc is more powerfull than the DS.......The biggest disadvantage for the DC

Cast128dreams
March 17th, 2006, 15:09
Hmmmm i am wondering that if some of the n64 games can run in the DC so why not the DS?
I was sure tha the Dc is more powerfull than the DS.......The biggest disadvantage for the DC about emoulation is its RAM.Right?

JKKDARK
March 18th, 2006, 21:51
yes

Christuserloeser
March 19th, 2006, 19:43
The DC is very powerful, yet a DS is probably twice as strong as a N64 (remember: it has two seperated screens that show graphics that each seem to be 100% indepentently rendered !).

Still, probably the DC could emulate a DS, pretty slow but it might be possible. However, what's the point ? Why not buying a DS ?

Cast128dreams
March 24th, 2006, 19:22
Hmmm intersting....Yes....
Well its exciting to play DS holding the Dreamcast controler
Besides here its an emoulation foroum....
lollll

Cid Highwind
March 25th, 2006, 12:43
It might be possible to emulate DS on a DC, but only some basic functions perhaps. There's a huge difference between an emulator being made to show it is technically possible to run other system's software on a DC, and making an emulator to play other system's games in an enjoyable way. The latter will be impossible in this case.