PDA

View Full Version : Quake

gamerremag
March 10th, 2006, 22:56
after you beat the psp-quake, it says to register and get the whole version.
So, if i downloaded the full version, could i just put it onto the psp, or does it have to be ported or the other thing? Sorry, im good with emulation and homebrew, but converting games + formats, i dont know that much about. :)

Hawkeyefile
March 11th, 2006, 04:10
it works fine with the full version. all you need is the .pak files

Produkt
March 11th, 2006, 04:52
If you want to keep lugit you "Might" be able to find a full copy of quake 1 in a local pawnshop I found 2 copies of it the other day. And I baught both... :P $1.50 each..

But if you wanna have some online fun, Quake 3 is still a great game and you can get the Gold edition (includes a mod/mappack) for 10 bucks at walmar... a great game to have :D

gpeters
March 11th, 2006, 06:22
Wanna play this online? Check out my other posts or go striaght here for my autoexec files made for the PSP. I will be finishing version 1.2(not pspquake-thats Chris and Peter) of my autoexec config files soon and posting it. These autoexecs make quake very playable on and offline through the use of aliases, I have created menus that can be gone through on the fly for quick config changes, rune support for rune quake, and even a quick-chat menu. I also have a server connect menu that will allow you to connect to 1 of 4 quake servers:

PSP-Quake(hosted by myself)
IHOC RocketWar
Rune Quake
Shareware CTF(I have not created a control scheme for ctf yet, but it works- and you only need shareware files to play!)

Here is where you can download it here:
http://garretpeters.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=11

You will just have to create a user id on my forums and there you go!

gamerremag
March 11th, 2006, 14:54
thanks guys!

shuaib
March 17th, 2006, 17:34
will this quake work fer psp 2.60?

gpeters
March 18th, 2006, 03:45
not yet, search for the other quake posts for details... :)

Hawkeyefile
March 20th, 2006, 21:35
there are NO quake ports that work with 2.6.
here is a tip, spend 180 bucks on ebay and get a 1.50 psp. then you can use pspset and change your version number to 2.0 to play most of the newer games, while still being able to play 1.0/1.5 homebrew games and 2.0 commercial games. that way you have the best of both worlds.