PDA

View Full Version : psp downgrade? noob question(not typical is there a 2.6 downgrader question)

playamp3
March 12th, 2006, 06:19
I was thinking of buying a broken psp cheap, lcd screen is broken, with firmware 1.5 and replacing the motherboards in my 2.6. would that work? :confused:

vettacossx
March 12th, 2006, 07:29
Hey If U Use Setx 0n Your 2.0 Psp And Set The Firmware Tweak Option To 1.0....... Then Put In A Umd With Firmware Update..... Like Gta Has 2.0 Update On The Umd You Will Notice That Gta Will Ask You To Upgrade To 2.0 To Play It.....(keep In Mind Setx Is For 2.0 Only Now) When The Psp Beleaves Its A Lower Firmware It Will Upgrade With Gta ...

So What You Say Theres Already A Downgrader For 2.0 To Go Lower Right ??? Well Your Right About That But Thats Not My Point ....THE METHOD IS

DOWNGRADE A PSP 2.01 2.5 OR 2.6 !!!

SO IF WE COULD GET SETX TO WORK WITH 2.6 FIRMWARE WE COULD TRICK OUR 2.6 PSP TO BELAVE ITS A 1.0 THEN UPGRADE TO 2.0 WITH GTA UMD RIGHT AND .....POOF YOUR UPGRADE OF 2.0 FLASHES OVER AND YOU USED A SONY UPGRADE TO DOWNGRADE FROM 2.6 TO 2.0!!!!!

FURTHER MORE FROM 2.0 WE CAN ALREADY DOWNGRADE TO 1.5 SO HEY..

PICK YOUR FAV FIRMWARE!!!! PSPIRATE WAS HERE!!!!

iniquitous_beast
March 12th, 2006, 07:39
WOW...that barely related to the original question.

The answer, playamp3, is yes. If you swap out the psp motherboards, you will have a working 1.50 psp. Just make sure you know how the psp was damaged in the first place. It would suck to find out that the motherboard was damaged by whatever broke the screen.

As with all electric equipment, make sure that you are well grounded. If you transfer static from your body onto the motherboard, you could wreck it. Touch something large and metallic immediately before handling the motherboard.

Good Luck!

megaballer13
March 23rd, 2006, 18:03
Hey If U Use Setx 0n Your 2.0 Psp And Set The Firmware Tweak Option To 1.0....... Then Put In A Umd With Firmware Update..... Like Gta Has 2.0 Update On The Umd You Will Notice That Gta Will Ask You To Upgrade To 2.0 To Play It.....(keep In Mind Setx Is For 2.0 Only Now) When The Psp Beleaves Its A Lower Firmware It Will Upgrade With Gta ...

So What You Say Theres Already A Downgrader For 2.0 To Go Lower Right ??? Well Your Right About That But Thats Not My Point ....THE METHOD IS

DOWNGRADE A PSP 2.01 2.5 OR 2.6 !!!

SO IF WE COULD GET SETX TO WORK WITH 2.6 FIRMWARE WE COULD TRICK OUR 2.6 PSP TO BELAVE ITS A 1.0 THEN UPGRADE TO 2.0 WITH GTA UMD RIGHT AND .....POOF YOUR UPGRADE OF 2.0 FLASHES OVER AND YOU USED A SONY UPGRADE TO DOWNGRADE FROM 2.6 TO 2.0!!!!!

FURTHER MORE FROM 2.0 WE CAN ALREADY DOWNGRADE TO 1.5 SO HEY..

PICK YOUR FAV FIRMWARE!!!! PSPIRATE WAS HERE!!!!

so where do i find this setx thing b/c i have a 2.6 psp and i can't run any home brew on it i need to downgrade from 2.6 to anything lower how and where do i find the program get back to me asap

Hawkeyefile
March 23rd, 2006, 18:13
2.6 does not work with setx.
http://www.teamemergencyexit.com/