PDA

View Full Version : PMP MOD Video Streaming

IndianCheese
March 12th, 2006, 18:22
I know a lot of people have been having trouble getting this set up, so I went ahead and figured it out myself.

Extract all files from the tarball to your PSP Game folder.
Install CYGWIN. (Not sure if you need PSPSDK installed, but I do).
Copy pmp_server.py to somewhere in your CYGWIN profile folder.
Change the root directories to the folder with your PMP files.
Open a bash shell.
CD to the file.
Type "python ./pmp_server.py".
The bash shell should sort of stop, and if you have Norton Internet Security, and alert will pop up in about 15 seconds saying that the firewall learned python4.2.
Config the inf file to your PC settings.
Start PMP MOD.

Yep, it works. Now the only problem I am having is the PMP MOD finding my video files. If anyone can figure out my blunder, please help.

kyle2194
March 12th, 2006, 20:51
Um, I just installed python on windows and double clicked it.

IndianCheese
March 12th, 2006, 22:33
So you have full video streaming working?

pkmaximum
March 12th, 2006, 23:06
Whats the point of this if you have the video on your comp. why would you need to stream from 10 feet away. To me it just seems pointless and its a huge batterey killer. The PMP mod though i respect and i use a lot cause i personally found bringing videos on your memory stick anywhere you go is a useful tool. But streaming no point. Just watch the video on your comp. and you will even have a bigger screen to watch it on.

IndianCheese
March 13th, 2006, 02:42
If you use the port forward function on your router, you can stream it anywhere there is internet.

pkmaximum
March 19th, 2006, 22:21
well right there I admit that is pretty sweet. To bad the setup is wicked hard. :( and im pretty computer literate