PDA

View Full Version : 2.5v psp.. worth buying?

earth.razer
March 12th, 2006, 18:42
i really want to be able to play homebrew and play back-up games with my memory card... but where i come from (canada)... i couldnt find a <2.1 firmwire psp from anywhere. and i dont wanna buy one from the net..

so is there any possibility the 2.5 firmwire will be cracked or be able to downgrade to 1.5 soon??

Elsid
March 12th, 2006, 19:22
let me put it 2 you, NO downgrades availble for 2.00+, GET IT!!

gotmilk0112
March 12th, 2006, 21:09
firmware 2.01 2.50 2.60 was cracked A LONG LONG time ago (like 3 months ago) and now the 0.96 E-Loader is released and it rocks. it plays a LOT of homebrew EBOOTs (somewhere are 177 EBOOTS which is 71% it says!!) you can get it at www.fanjita.org
on the nav bar on the right you can see the working EBOOTs for the e-loader n stuff. BUT you will need GTA:LCS for psp =( (you should try to buy it used if you were like me n bought it just for the homebrew xD )

Lodis
March 12th, 2006, 21:34
Firmware 2.01, 2.50, 2.60 has NOT been cracked at all.

An exploit that relys on GTA and how it handles its save games is what allows homebrew to be loaded on those firmwares.

There is no kernel mode access, limited memory availiable and much more restrictions upon what is possible when compared to 1.5 firmware and 2.0.

If the actual firmware had been cracked as u describe then either full kernel access would be availiable, access to flash allowing a downgrader would be possible or homebrew / emulators would be able to run without relying on a UMD's save handling method.

iniquitous_beast
March 13th, 2006, 08:15
Go online for a 1.50. Ebay is my shop of choice, but there is also a list of online retailers that still offer 1.50, 1.52 (downgradeable), and 2.00 (pretty good homebrew options + downgradeable) on this site somewhere. Last I checked, the list was still viewable from the main news page.

Hevyduty
March 13th, 2006, 16:34
My advice is to go to a shop that sells used PSPs and ask to try them out. As you're checking the device for the typical things (dead pixels, etc.), navigate through the menus and check the firmware. If it's 2.0 or lower and everything else seems fine, pay the man and take it home. Congratulations. You just got yourself a kickass gaming machine that's a bit cheaper and a lot better than the brand new 2.5 and 2.6 units people are paying full price for. They're dumb. You're smart. You win.

earth.razer
March 13th, 2006, 20:35
man i tired to find a 1.50 and its not found anywhere...

all the answer i get is that sony only ships v2.5 since Nov.

-_____-" sony should go easier on homebrew