PDA

View Full Version : 'Magic memory stick'

Omega_2
May 8th, 2009, 21:46
Ok, from the other 'guides' I've been looking at, not one seems to answer anything.

I'm wanting to mod my slim with OFW 3.95, yet the guides that are out seem like they've been victims of a lawn mower, they look so disorganized. :rolleyes:

First thing I'd like to know, what do I need to make the memory stick? I'd much rather a step by step guide, but knowing how some are, I'm not going to be getting anything in order :o

Still, the guides out are pretty vague at best, IMO.
Well, I know I need the pandora battery, thats on its way, the duo, 512MB, now I just need the crap to put onto it XD

Any help is appreciated guys and gals. :P

edjersey
June 4th, 2009, 01:41
Ok, Google usually works if you type in Magic Memory Stick Maker for Noobs. Download several and follow the onscreen instructions. If you don't know what else to do after you make both (aka MMS and Pandora), here:

MADDENING PROCESS
-------------------------------------------------------
1:Put in MMS (magic memory stick) first.
2:Now put the Pandora Batt in.
3:.......
4:???????
5:PROFIT!
Ps: Buying a Pandora's Battery isn't illegal, but using it is! ;)
Pss: If it doesn't load up service mode, use a different MMS installer, and yeah.

-EDJERSEY

Omega_2
June 5th, 2009, 05:31
Nah, I figured it out. I found a psp nutjob in the IRC network I frequent/linger in. [rizon]
He linked me to a tool that uses the 5.00 OFW and patches it and even writes the MMS itself, I just had to worry about updating the m33 afterwards, which was a piece of pie[the cake is a lie]. The battery came pre-charged, 75%, so I just modded it within 10 minutes of tearing the package apart >:}
I'm going to guess that linking the tool is forbidden, but naming it isn't :P
PSPGrader 8 is what it's called, and you NEED OFW 5.00 for it to do anything. Can't really type more, as I'm already late on my run. laters :P