PDA

View Full Version : Bought Syphon Filter (requires 2.6) is it worth it?

FcuK
March 15th, 2006, 19:22
Hey everyone, just bought Syphon Filter and it's requiring an update to 2.6

My question is.. is it worth it?

I'm currently running 2.0 and play Gen and Nester quite frequently.
How limited will I be to homebrew? and my main concern is wanting to play PSMonkey64 when it's finalized.

Any suggestions? cuz I can still return it, even though its opened (i work retail).

p.s. sorry if this is in the wrong section.. meant for it to be in the PSP Software/Hardware section. Mods please move it if yah want.

Kaiser
March 15th, 2006, 23:30
You won't be able to do much on 2.6 its not worth it in my opinion but its your call.

edit: Its almost certain that the finalized Monkey 64 will not work on any firmware above 1.5.

FcuK
March 16th, 2006, 01:46
Yea considering the amount of ram a typical N64 game needs, I see how 1.5 is the only firmware it will work on..

I could always dowgrade to 1.5, but now it's officially too late, I upgraded to 2.6

I installed the eLoader and it works with most emus/eboots... PSMonkey v1 beta also works with 2.6 (hopefully it stays this way).

Oh well, maybe when Sony releases their PSOne emu it will be a new way to homebrew.

p.s. this game is pretty damn good.

Shilo
March 16th, 2006, 06:25
If you got 2.0 DON'T UPGRADE TO 2.6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just stay with what you got. Plus theres that UMD loader for 1.5 than can run some 2.0+ games, but I don't know if it can run Syphon Filter.

bobcobb
March 16th, 2006, 15:15
I upgraded to 2.6, and I'm not bothered. Lose some homebrew? Sure, but at this point I had exhausted most homebrew games, and just wanted to play something new.

vettacossx
March 31st, 2006, 07:04
FCUK this is my advice when you make a decision you always way the two end results so go to http://www.fanjita.org/content/psp_working.html this will let you know what does work on 2.6 and you can download it right from this list as well or get it here at dcemu ..from mky experiance i have been very very happy with 2.6 the sega Dgen(full screen by the way), snes, nes ,gba, gb/gbc mini mario is a gr8 hb djsp is my fav app it is a mp3 player with audio/visualizations but take a look and decide for your self everyone likes different games... if you need any help getting things together feel free too mail me id be glad to help!!!!

vettacossx
March 31st, 2006, 07:13
on a 2.o note dont forget SETX when i used 2.0 and first got street fighter alpha ( a 2.5 umd game) setx allows you to trick your( 2.o only) psp to think its a 2.5 so unless you want to play a 2.6 game like dbz shin budokai for exaple (2.6) then you DO NOT NEED TO UPGRADE i chose too for well the exact same reason as bobcobb i guess if i have too choose between mario smash bros gp( the only 1 i miss) and my new games i choose my new games because if you simply read you will find 90% of what you play homebrew will work on 2.6...IS THERE A LIST OUT THERE THAT TELLS WHAT FIRMWARE REQUIREMENTS FOR WHAT GAMES LIKE GTA 2.0, DBZ 2.6 AND SO ON IF SOMEONE FINDS IT COULD YOU POST IT ID APPRECIATE IT JUST TO GET A COPY AND PASTE OF IT THANX IN ADVANCE