PDA

View Full Version : what is going on with gpsp?

bit188
May 12th, 2009, 01:36
Hi guys,

I've been using the last official GPSP build (0.9) for a while now. I know Kai exists and some other improvement that I just saw a few days ago. I've ignored these because I was under the impression that the stuff that was fixed was rather minor or superficial in nature.

My question is, is this true? What improvements have been made in these unofficial releases? Because I'm kind of bummed that a large number of ROM images don't play as well as I'd like, and was wondering if any significant headway has been made in the realm of GBA emulation on the PSP.

Thanks!

dibdib
May 12th, 2009, 11:02
Unfortunately the guy that created it is a bit of a douche. He threw a big hissy fit, bitched a lot about other people trying to add the features everybody wants even though he seemed unwilling to do it himself. Last I heard he was ditching any further development of the PSP emulator in favor of that silly handheld that ten people in the world own. Maybe it's to punish us all for the indignities he suffered after acting like a douche.

If this is about Golden Sun or any of those known games, he had a blog and made it pretty clear why they weren't going to work so you'd may as well stop asking.

Exophase
May 19th, 2009, 22:37
Unfortunately the guy that created it is a bit of a douche. He threw a big hissy fit, bitched a lot about other people trying to add the features everybody wants even though he seemed unwilling to do it himself. Last I heard he was ditching any further development of the PSP emulator in favor of that silly handheld that ten people in the world own. Maybe it's to punish us all for the indignities he suffered after acting like a douche.

If this is about Golden Sun or any of those known games, he had a blog and made it pretty clear why they weren't going to work so you'd may as well stop asking.

Nice insults, but you didn't answer the guy's post. What are the great features added that I refused? If I didn't do things it was more likely because I didn't feel like it, and because this scene has a few too many people like yourself that aren't worth the headache. I kind of wonder if you'd bother programming for someone who just blindly insults you in return like you have in this post.

But to set the record a little clearer, I don't have an outright problem with other people modifying it, although if I were to work on it more (lolz I know) it wouldn't be open anymore. I actually am completely okay with releases that people like zodttd and notaz have made - why am I such a big douche then? I guess I don't like people releasing versions w/o telling me a thing about it and changing things arbitrarily and confusing the hell out of users by not even telling them what they're changing (see: this thread). I've reviewed the source changes before, which takes a long time because 90% of the modifications are noise. And some of them change things to the end user for no reason at all. Like when Takka swapped the controls so that X became accept and O became cancel, I had some guy actually e-mail me to tell me I screwed up when I displayed the text that says O is accept and X is cancel.

Yeah, that kind of stuff is annoying.. go figure.

Oh and that part about me ditching PSP for Pandora or whatever is bullshit, I never said anything like that. I don't want to work on it as it is for ANY platform. Too many things to redo. You wouldn't understand.

And my blog actually explained some strategies for making Golden Sun and games like it run more quickly. I've developed some more indepth ones which I hoped to port on PSP one day... I could explain but I don't really feel like it. Do you blame me?

B2K24
June 30th, 2009, 08:51
If only people could learn not to be so damn greedy. I'm very happy with gpSP 0.9 as it plays all the games i love flawlessly for the most part.
People are never happy and never appreciate what they have, they always demanding more features blah blah blah.

Same with the requests for 5.50 M33 when 5.00 M33-6 is just fine.

The kai builds make me sick, he should have kept that garbage private. It's one things to really love an emulator and to take time to make SERIOUS changes that give it a better speed or performance maybe even compatibility. To make many unnecessary changes is uncalled for and disrespectful. You might as well go kidnap someone and alter their physical appearance against there will then release them to loved ones.

Best of luck and Thank You Exophase. As far as gpSP goes I'm only interested in your work and not anyone elses.

Shadow2by4
July 19th, 2009, 00:44
Nice insults, but you didn't answer the guy's post. What are the great features added that I refused? If I didn't do things it was more likely because I didn't feel like it, and because this scene has a few too many people like yourself that aren't worth the headache. I kind of wonder if you'd bother programming for someone who just blindly insults you in return like you have in this post.

But to set the record a little clearer, I don't have an outright problem with other people modifying it, although if I were to work on it more (lolz I know) it wouldn't be open anymore. I actually am completely okay with releases that people like zodttd and notaz have made - why am I such a big douche then? I guess I don't like people releasing versions w/o telling me a thing about it and changing things arbitrarily and confusing the hell out of users by not even telling them what they're changing (see: this thread). I've reviewed the source changes before, which takes a long time because 90% of the modifications are noise. And some of them change things to the end user for no reason at all. Like when Takka swapped the controls so that X became accept and O became cancel, I had some guy actually e-mail me to tell me I screwed up when I displayed the text that says O is accept and X is cancel.

Yeah, that kind of stuff is annoying.. go figure.

Oh and that part about me ditching PSP for Pandora or whatever is bullshit, I never said anything like that. I don't want to work on it as it is for ANY platform. Too many things to redo. You wouldn't understand.

And my blog actually explained some strategies for making Golden Sun and games like it run more quickly. I've developed some more indepth ones which I hoped to port on PSP one day... I could explain but I don't really feel like it. Do you blame me?
I'm with...um.... the dude above me whose name seems to slip by me. I don't mean to kiss up, but I can definitely see where you're coming from. Gpsp is your work and while other people may say you're overreacting, I can definitely sympathize. As for the people in the community who give you a hard time, I say just ignore them and keep going. You're one of the best coders on the scene, in my eyes, and I'm awaiting your announcement of a new release with baited breath.