PDA

View Full Version : Remapping controls on PSP?

ravenmorpheus
May 12th, 2009, 10:39
Hi there

I've recently discovered the joys of CFW and I'm enjoying playing my old PSX games on the PSP.

But I have a problem with one particular game I'm trying to play because the controls don't particularly map to the PSP all that well.

The game in question is Quake 2, and the problem is that the PSP doesn't have a second A-Stick and only has 1 set of shoulder buttons, stupid Sony...

The control setup I'd like to use is this -

A-Stick = turn left/right and move forwards/backwards
L shoulder button = strafe left
R shoulder button = strafe right
Circle = look down
Triangle = look up
Left/Right = next/prev weapon
X = fire
Square = jump

I know this has probably been asked before but my google searches and searches here aren't providing me with any solutions so far.

I've tried using pops to alter the controller type and the only one that even approaches the above config is setting 2 with control set B selected in the game options but I have to use the D-Pad for movement and I have been playing Doom using the A-Stick which works quite well imo, certainly far better than the D-Pad.

I have also tried using CWCheats RemapPSP function to swap the D-Pad and A-Stick around but that doesn't work either, I just don't get any movement control at all.

I have also tried running the game in POPS 4.01 because that has the Sony remapper which from the looks of it would do exactly what I want, but I just get a black screen and anything above 3.80 but below 4.01 just gives me the "game could not be started (80000004)" error. :(

So please could someone tell me if the config I would like to use is possible and how I can achieve it if it is?

Thanks in advance for any help on this, using the D-Pad for movement is getting on my nerves. :)