PDA

View Full Version : AnyRegionChanger and Firmware 4.0J

Jaz
May 15th, 2009, 21:17
I have upgraded my WiiKey enabled JAP Wii from firmware 3.2J to 4.0J.

Can I now use AnyRegionChanger to change the region to US?

I couldn't find any reports of using this app on the new firmware.

-Jaz

VampDude
May 15th, 2009, 21:44
You can use Any Region Changer to go back to 3.2, because that's what I did.

Though I believe Waninkoko is currently working on something for 4.0, but I can't be sure as of yet (no word).

Jaz
May 15th, 2009, 21:56
Why did you want to downgrade? I'm happy wih 4 as I can now load stuff from the SD card. Just curious as to whether I can change the JAP text to US.

VampDude
May 15th, 2009, 23:56
Why did you want to downgrade? I'm happy wih 4 as I can now load stuff from the SD card. Just curious as to whether I can change the JAP text to US.

I downgraded back to 3.2 so I could play my U.S. imports from the Wii menu, because having to go into the Homebrew Channel everytime I play a U.S. game seemed a bit pointless. I have a collection of PAL and NTSC titles, purchasing whichever is the cheapest (more games for me). :)

Though I do like the 4.0 firmware, just not until there is a auto-boot region tool rather than relying on the crap for loading illegal games. Because mine (http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n304/vampdude/DCEmu/NTSC-MH2_PAL-SSSB.png) aren't illegal, unlike what the method is implied. :cool:

You should be able to change the text, though you will have to set the U.S. region from the selection (there are warnings to be read) if it can be done.