PDA

View Full Version : PSP Movie Help

dkwan20
March 19th, 2006, 17:33
I have a movie already in .mp4 format how do i know what to rename it so the psp recognizes it??

i tried using the same format of my other movies, converted by psp video 9 but just with different numbers. but my psp still doesn't recognize it... :confused:

also

has a new version of one of the snes emulators come out yet?? that runs on a faster speed??

thanks in advance

felonyr301
March 21st, 2006, 01:25
the latest version of the snes is .3 from tyl or something like that but there are coming out with .4 soon they said

LAMPRO
March 21st, 2006, 06:09
Make sure the video folder has BOTH the .mp4 and the .thm file- BOTH with the same numbers.

kimbonious
March 21st, 2006, 15:18
you do no need the THM the THm is only for thumbnail puroses.
As for the psp not recognizing it.
It is a format issue. about it being the proper size dimensions. I beleive.
Someone please correct me if i am wrong. But i know it's not the Thm as i never transfer them over.

LAMPRO
March 21st, 2006, 18:55
Maybe thats why you havent been able to watch any movies. OR you are using software that automatically transfers the .thm file over- without you even knowing it. If you are watching a movie on the VIDEO category of the PSP menu, than you NEED both files- the PSP video does not work without both of these files in the VIDEO folder under PSP in the root of the MS. Make sure they both have the same file name, one with the .mp4, and one with the .thm- If you are using a HBrew app like PSPlayerMT- or Miemt's video brew, then you will only need the one file, and you need to be mindful of the resolution. Miemt apps are golden and there are a bunch of new ones that you can tool with- read the forums- all of you!!

dkwan20
March 25th, 2006, 07:10
now where would i find this .thm file??

sugarpops
March 27th, 2006, 04:48
Hmm I have a similar issue and have been frustrated by this all afternoon. I have tried several different things. I have converted mpg files to mp4 files using PSP Video Converter Suite.

I see the new file as an mp4. I then place this in the 100MNV01 folder. I only see the mp4 file and nothing else.

I get out of the USB mode, click on over to the Video section of my PSP and there is always 0 videos showing. I have tried with a few different files. :mad:

Any suggestions or comments on how I get videos to play on my PSP. I am currently running v1.5...does v1.5 recognize videos or suppose to?

Thanks for any help.

dkwan20
April 8th, 2006, 05:55
^yeah the same thing happens to me, but i do see a video but it says "Unsupported data" on the thumbnail thing...

does anyone know what to do?!?!?!?

Cooe14
April 8th, 2006, 06:26
Hmm I have a similar issue and have been frustrated by this all afternoon. I have tried several different things. I have converted mpg files to mp4 files using PSP Video Converter Suite.

I see the new file as an mp4. I then place this in the 100MNV01 folder. I only see the mp4 file and nothing else.

I get out of the USB mode, click on over to the Video section of my PSP and there is always 0 videos showing. I have tried with a few different files. :mad:

Any suggestions or comments on how I get videos to play on my PSP. I am currently running v1.5...does v1.5 recognize videos or suppose to?

Thanks for any help.
PSP Video Converter Suite? never heard of it, try PSP Video 9 i've made plenty of videos with it before and all have worked.

Zack3008
April 9th, 2006, 00:36
It's just JPEG file, get a JPEG file and rename it to .THM, the software you're using (I use 3GP) should have it with the .MP4 file.

kimbonious
April 9th, 2006, 16:46
you do not need the thm. If you transfer the thm you get a thumbnail in the psps video section, if you don't you don't. I am telling you i have never, I repeat, EVER transfered it. And i have never had a problem playing one. Use PSPVideo9. Great program.

What are your videos labeled?? what format (AVC, or not), What program did you convert with, and what folder is it in. MNV or MAQ?

Elsid
April 9th, 2006, 16:53
yea Use PSPVideo9 it's the best!!