PDA

View Full Version : what one between the two should I buy??

C Turner26
May 18th, 2009, 00:47
I am about to buy a card for my Dsi, this is my first time messing with emulation and homebrew on a ds so I was curious of of these two cards what would be the best to buy??

DSTTi- http://www.thedsdeals.com/DSTTi_p/iai231.htm

:confused:

R4i SDHC- http://www.thedsdeals.com/R4i_p/iai235.htm

Esposch
May 22nd, 2009, 12:44
Personally I wouldn't bother too much with a DSi flash cart. Thanks to all the people "legally backing up games they legally own," Nintendo has cracked down on flash carts and has updateable firmware for the DSi. Basically you'd be paying $25 for 2 months of homebrew. Better off getting a game with that IMO.

The current DSi flash cards use an incredibly hacky exploit to run and I believe the only reason this isn't patched already is because Nintendo want more people to buy the DSi over the Lite, so they can patch it in the future.

~Esposch

b_simpson1999
May 22nd, 2009, 13:23
am keeping my ds lite because I have guitar hero and the gba slot is good for some games plus the rumble pack. the dsi is okay but i will never bother with it as it got stuff I wont use ever.

Wolfman774
May 23rd, 2009, 18:03
I am going to just go ahead and sell my DSLite to help pay for a DSi, and then save up and get a flashcart, and if a firmware update stops it working then I will just give up, the only reason I use my flashcart is mostly for multimedia whitch the DSi already does. The only reason I would want to run homebrew on the DSi is for moonshell2 so I can watch videos. and perhaps for DSLinux. but for roms I can just use an emulator, its no big deal.

waqyum
August 4th, 2009, 20:47
Leave both of them go with Acekard2i.

djshok
August 6th, 2009, 21:13
The DSi is just a Nintendo cash grab. It offers nothing new that the DS lite doesn't have, other than some crappy cameras.

They released it for 2 reasons: 1 - to crack down on the flash carts.
2 - to revive and get more sales out of an aging system.

It's a pretty smart plan on their part, I just can't believe how many people are actually "upgrading" from a DS lite to a DSi.
Honestly people do you really want that 0.3 megapixel camera that bad?

BibleMan
August 16th, 2009, 21:31
The TTDSi would be the best choice. :) I am currently using one, and have found it to be a great product.

I'm just praying that that don't have a firmware update that screws it over. Meh.

DanTheManMS
August 19th, 2009, 06:24
The DSTTi was blocked along with every other flash cart in the latest DSi firmware update. Only the EZ-Vi and Acekard 2i have been updated to work on the new firmware so far.

fuser
October 30th, 2009, 17:06
I've had my DSi and R4i card for a while now and love the thing to bits (I have a DS lite too)
You only have to upgrade the DSi firmware if you want to use the DSiWare shop - which I don't.

I refuse to buy any DS where I can't play DOOM!!!!!
So somebody better hack the DSiXLLLXLLL
:)

katachristic
November 29th, 2009, 08:06
with any luck at all, someone will work out native sd homebrew for the dsi, rendering flash carts unnecessary. but for now, acekard is best.