PDA

View Full Version : Psp, and Nintendo D.s on Dreamcast..I have an idea..

apainlessend
May 19th, 2009, 16:12
I am a huge anime fan.
I dont wanna buy a Ds, or a PSP to play Naruto or dragonball, and I don't know enough about linux to workout what I propose...

There is a D.S. emulator, and I belive a PSP emulator for Linux

There is also DCLinux.

now the naruto game in question is only 300mb.
Same for the one for the ds. And they are 3d graphics fighters..

And the DC linux is only about 100mb.
So is there a ways you can drop it all on the same disk, and automatically run The Linux emulator on the dreamcast to load the game?

It seems simple in theory...I dont have a dc keyboard, so I cant get the linux dist. to work...
so if the disk could be programmed to autologin, and load the emulator, and gamepad funtions were pre defined in DC linux...

Could one not effectively play 2 games made over ten years later...on the most amazing console ever?

HELP!!!!

Darksaviour69
May 19th, 2009, 21:46
Short answer : no chance.

The dc can't run much with linux , so asking the dc to run linux and a DS emu too, is way too much

Eviltaco64
May 21st, 2009, 02:53
Consider the specs of a modern PC w/Linux compared to the specs of a Dreamcast running Linux. You'll find that running a DS or PSP emulator would be impossible on the Dreamcast due to it's lack of power to do so.

Also, when the Dreamcast is running Linux, it's already running a fairly heavy application. Running another one on top just wouldn't work. Even standalone NDS/PSP emulators would be impossible (especially if, SNES, Genesis, and GBA emulation aren't even perfected yet).

chazie12
May 21st, 2009, 04:24
Even standalone NDS/PSP emulators would be impossible (especially if, SNES, Genesis, and GBA emulation aren't even perfected yet).

Specht
July 10th, 2009, 04:21
DCLinux running pretty much any emulator is out of the question.

Theoretically, a NDS emulator is plausible on Dreamcast. But without a decent method of touch control, it's a bit pointless. (unless someone got around to making it compatible with the mouse of course)

And considering PSP has similar specs to DC itself, I couldn't see one ever working for that. No matter how amazing the Dreamcast really is.

Cast128dreams
August 25th, 2009, 18:40
NDS possible for Dreamcast?Can Dreamcast hold the power?

kojiro7
August 25th, 2009, 20:37
guys stop dreaming please...