PDA

View Full Version : Who Would be interested in a Dedicated Sega Saturn Homebrew and Emulation Site

wraggster
March 20th, 2006, 18:06
Looking around the Net apart from sites like Rockin-Bs excellent site there isnt a lot of good Sega Saturn Sites for both Homebrew and Emulation, would a Sega Saturn Site Interest anyone ?

RockinB
March 20th, 2006, 18:41
Of course, I'd like to see such a website. But you know, even SEGA fans have forgotten about the Saturn. There's currently more developer activity than interest from gamers. However, we keep creating new Saturn homebrew content. I guess maybe 2-4 Saturn newsposts per month is a realistic average assumption.

wraggster
March 20th, 2006, 19:11
yeah i was just thinking of somewhere to archive files and post any new developments, with my workload 4 posts a month sounds great :)

HI-Saturn
March 20th, 2006, 19:19
I don't know if I would say that Sega Fans have forgotten about the Saturn I know I haven't I play mine all the time..Heck can't get enough of Raidant Silvergun and Policenaughts. I think if you made the site people will come.

JesusXP
March 20th, 2006, 19:43
That would be pretty sweet. you cant run saturn homebrew without a modchip tho? is there many sites that still sell them, I only know of one, and I havent purchased one or installed it so I cant vouche.

ace3093
March 21st, 2006, 03:54
I just got a 2 chips and they work great!

got them from
www.Racketboy.com

toxie
March 21st, 2006, 12:43
Actually it's also not THAT hard to do the swap-trick.. It took me 5 minutes to learn how it works..
Although some people claim that it could f*#k up your console if done too often..
(which i personally think is nonsense as you just stop the cd from spinning without the motor running anymore)

RockinB
March 21st, 2006, 18:16
Looking around the Net apart from sites like Rockin-Bs excellent site there isnt a lot of good Sega Saturn Sites for both Homebrew and Emulation, would a Sega Saturn Site Interest anyone ?

I'm going to launch an Atlas Game Pack repository soon, with about 85 AGPs to download (you know, the SBI thing for Saturn) and I'm looking for some place to store the files (about 50 MB). Maybe you would want to host the files?

Graxer0419
March 23rd, 2006, 16:31
That would be a great idea, ive been looking for one for ages.

r2works
March 23rd, 2006, 21:33
i would love to see this happen. it takes a lot of time finding various sites with updates on recent activities.

JKKDARK
March 24th, 2006, 13:41
that can be great for the sega fans :D

adolobe
March 25th, 2006, 03:54
Yes i'm most def interested in a Saturn Homebrew site.

Zherae
March 27th, 2006, 11:03
Depends, I have a modded Saturn but I never play anything on it, maybe if there were more emus running on Saturn I would play more attention to it, some NES and SMS would be great, I think there were some emus in the work?

RockinB
March 27th, 2006, 11:41
Depends, I have a modded Saturn but I never play anything on it, maybe if there were more emus running on Saturn I would play more attention to it, some NES and SMS would be great, I think there were some emus in the work?
Have a look at VBT's SMS emu (http://forums.segaxtreme.net/index.php?showtopic=12647&view=findpost&p=153295). I ported also some emulators (http://www.rockin-b.de/saturn-emulators.html), but haven't had the time (or request) to speed them up. There are even some more emulators out there the six mentioned here.

SSaxdude
April 1st, 2006, 04:41
All systems with anykind of homebrew should have a site. toxie is right, you can use the swap trick to play copied games on the Saturn, and homebrew I guess. I don't own a Saturn myself, but it seems to have its own fan base. By the way, does anyone know where I can order a Saturn (US console) for around 40-50 dollars? send me a mail at [email protected]