PDA

View Full Version : NitroTracker! v0.11

wraggster
March 21st, 2006, 18:42
The excellent homebrew release gets an update, heres whats new and info:

NitroTracker (http://nitrotracker.tobw.net/) is a FastTracker II style tracker for the Nintendo DS. If you didn't understand that, you might want to read up on trackers. For starters, NitroTracker is a versatile tool for creating music - everywhere! It supports the popular XM file format that is used by many PC trackers and that can be played on many PC audio players such as Winamp or XMMS.

Heres the news from the latest release:

Wow, one day has passed and I already got tons of nice feedback on this project, so thank you to you all!

I just realized that I didn't use the latest version of the FAT library in the initial release, so I put up a new version with new newest FAT lib. Besides some fixes and optimizations, the most interesting changes are read support for M3 SD and Supercard SD. According to chishm, the author of the lib, write support for these adapters is planned.

Also, someone gave me the idea of creating a mailing list to inform people of updates. So, if you want to receive e-Mails if, and only if, NitroTracker is updated, write a short mail to me (at) <thisdomain>.

Bye,
Tob

Download and Screenshot Via Comments

DimensionT
March 22nd, 2006, 15:24
All i can say is FREAKING AWESOME! I swear by Fruity Loops for the PC, and now I have the same kind of setup on my DS thanks to you. I'll be writing tunes non-stop! :D

I've noticed that it crashes when I try to load a song over say 2.5MB because the RAM is full. Is there anyway that you can fix that problem? Maybe by having the song data stream from the flash cart?

Anyway, I love you guys! In a straight way of course, lol. KEEP UP THE EXCELENT WORK!