PDA

View Full Version : Version 3.2 with HBC to v4 ??

mdavenport
May 23rd, 2009, 08:26
I have one of the original wiis that is running 3.2 HBC and a wiikey installed running 1.9s firmware.

Is it safe for me to upgrade to version 4?

I wanted to get bootmii installed before I did this but seem to be getting an error similar to others:-

Bootmii: Can NOT be installed
boot1 and/or boot2 could not be read (-1)

After reading other site it looks like I have to wait for another version of the installer. This is odd as it was said that this was only an issue for new wii's and mine is one of the original UK ones.

But my other question is would I be safe to let the wii system update to the latest firmware without bootmii installed?

Would this keep the homebrew channel?

Would my 1.9s wiikey still work and my backups?

I want to get EA Sports Active working and thought that it may work on V4??

All help appreciated..

Thanks

VampDude
May 23rd, 2009, 10:11
I have one of the original wiis that is running 3.2 HBC and a wiikey installed running 1.9s firmware.

Is it safe for me to upgrade to version 4?

Yes, it should be safe to do so.

I wanted to get bootmii installed before I did this but seem to be getting an error similar to others:-

After reading other site it looks like I have to wait for another version of the installer. This is odd as it was said that this was only an issue for new wii's and mine is one of the original UK ones.

But my other question is would I be safe to let the wii system update to the latest firmware without bootmii installed?

Would this keep the homebrew channel?

Yes, if installed before the update. 4.0 doesn't remove the Homebrew Channel. You will need to re-install stuff to the console via the homebrew channel though, that is where people believe the update kills their "homebrew" but Nintendo delete and install things to make way for the newer firmware. Though all is good, just remember to re-install stuff if it's in the consoles memory.

Would my 1.9s wiikey still work and my backups?
I want to get EA Sports Active working and thought that it may work on V4??

Please refrain from asking about piracy/backup related questions, please read the site rules as DCEmu has a strict policy on piracy. Though you have a mod-chip, so the answer sadly would be yes.

All help appreciated..

Thanks

You are welcome.

mdavenport
May 23rd, 2009, 11:25
Thanks for the usefull information.

What things will I need to re-install through the homebrew menu? I haven't used any specific homebrew apps, however when I run homebrew the following is listed:-

1. WAD Manager
2. Custom WM
3. IOS Downgrader v1.1
4. Custom IOS Downgrade
6. cIOS Installer
7. Shop Channel Install
Homebrew Browser
/apps/5. Starfall/boot.dol

Also I wanted to get bootmii working but get the following message. Is there anything I can do with this:-

After reading other sites it looks like I have to wait for another version of the installer. This is odd as it was said that this was only an issue for new wii's and mine is one of the original UK ones. Any ideas?

Regards
Mark

mdavenport
May 24th, 2009, 20:31
Any ideas on post #3 as still struggling to understand what I need to do after upgrading to v4.

Thanks