PDA

View Full Version : Japanese PSP playing American UMD Videos?

dieboybun
March 21st, 2006, 21:54
Umm... well i bought my psp last summer in japan, and i was in hawaii for a few days before i come back, i bought a region 1 national treasure, and it seems that it don't work, so i returned it. well recently i have upgraded the psp to 2.0 (North America version)for the internet explorer but after knowing there's homebrew browser for 1.5 i downgraded to the North America 1.5, well i heard from my friend that something which is not allowed to dissuss here can play umd of other regions, well so i went to the store and buy a region 1 terminator, and i put it in the psp before i turn on the psp, and it seems to it autoload the umd without a single problem, so does this means that the region lockout is affected by the firmware?

migsgiz
March 22nd, 2006, 06:45
yes!!!!!!!! I DID THE SAME THING BUT I DID IT BY MISAKE I WAS DOING THE UP DOWN THING WHEN I NOTICE IT WAS US150 INSTED OF A JAP150

.:PSP1.0:.
March 22nd, 2006, 07:30
Yeah thats right.. if you downgrade or upgrade using U.S firmware then you'll only be able to play U.S regioned UMD movies..
And if you downgrade or upgrade with Jap firmware you'll only be able to play Jap regioned UMD movies.. strange huh? as UMD games arnt region coded..

dieboybun
March 23rd, 2006, 19:17
then is there any way to play my reigon 2 umd without upgrading and downgrading?