PDA

View Full Version : CPS4ALL rather then MAME4ALL?

gxb
March 22nd, 2006, 09:25
I know that CHUI is planning to code a MAME emulation for DC in the future,but it's quit difficult for DC to hold so many game settings in such small RAM.
Would CHUI like to code a CPS1 emulation for DC first since the CPS1 has the similar hardware to NEOGEO?The CPS has M68K CPU and Z80 CPU , and the most games are not big that the DC RAM could hold them easily.
I found an old CPS1 for DC,but its speed is quit slow and sound is bad.The resouce can't be found anywhere , maybe the coder didn't release it .What a pity, or CHUI could relink the resouce with SH4 core to better the emulation.
Sorry for my words. :o

chui
March 22nd, 2006, 10:38
The goal is to adapt MAME for GP2X, CPS1 games run ok, except some problems with Q-Sound. Yesterday, i talked with author (Franxis) and i will start this project at weekend.

Dont worry, MAME4ALL will work very well with FAME/FAZE cores and my SDL.

About memory limits, maybe we will need to split MAME4ALL per drivers as MAME4ALL/taito, MAME4ALL/CPS1 ...

gxb
March 22nd, 2006, 10:48
Wooo....great News!
:)

DemoniusX
April 12th, 2006, 04:12
Well CPS 1 games are great and all but I want to play other games arcade wise on Dc. Splatterhouse,Ninja Gaiden,Teenage Mutant ninja Turtles (w/ better sound and 4 players),Teenage mutant Ninja Turtles :turtles in time, Gradius III or the original gradius and Many more. Capcom games rock too but I want Other games other then "Hadoken" and "WEEAHH"(magic sword). A full complete mame emu is just too godly to think about. Any chance of getting the Raiden games to work on it as well, chui?

eder182
April 12th, 2006, 18:46
cool!!!!! chui is a god!!! god of dc ! :D

rmatheso
April 14th, 2006, 12:08
Man, Chui is pulling miracles out of his ass. Now if only if I could play Dracula X at fullspeed.

;)