PDA

View Full Version : Moore: You'll Get A Peek At Halo 3 This Year

wraggster
March 22nd, 2006, 16:35
Microsoft's Peter Moore, who now labours (we're sure manfully) under the title of Vice President of Interactive Entertainment, has been holding forth on the future of the Halo franchise in a pre-GDC briefing with IGN.
Of course, despite a number of other high profile titles appearing this year on Xbox 360, Halo 3 is the game every 360 fan craves. And, it's one vital to the success and momentum of the platform, as MS tries to build up a huge installed base before Sony's PS3 arrives in November.

Moore begins with the standard MS Line of, "We haven't made any announcements regarding the Halo franchise. So Bungie is busy, they're an industrious bunch." But then more excitingly adds: "I think certainly this year, 2006, we might give you a peek at what Bungie is working on. I'm not going to give you any specific days, times or events."

We know Bungie is working on an unannounced title as well as the Windows Vista-bound Halo 2, but really, Moore can't be talking about anything other than Halo 3, can he?
Moore goes on to admit that "Halo is one of those games that will drive sales", so surely for the success of Xbox 360, we'd have to expect at least a first look at what Bungie has in store at this year's E3? Which must be good news for both gamers and MS. We'd further suggest that it will be Halo 3 which will be unveiled at E3, and hopefully the sequel will launch before the end of this year.

Okay, perhaps we've moved into the realms of speculation there, but maybe Bill Gates wasn't kidding after all when he famously opined Halo 3 would hit just in the middle of Sony's big PS3 launch.

Moving back into the realms of the factual, Moore had good news for Epic fans, confirming again that Gears of War would get playable E3 love and that it would definitely be out this year, concluding: "CliffyB will be there at E3 to show off Gears of War and you'll be able to get your hands on a controller and play Gears of War. Gears of War is coming out sometime this year."

Darksaviour69
March 22nd, 2006, 16:45
my guess halo 3 pics will be released during the ps3 hypebowl from mid summer on...

SmashinGit
March 22nd, 2006, 17:47
This game is gonna own!