PDA

View Full Version : Help

Hipster11
March 23rd, 2006, 08:53
My sons PSP running on version 1.52, White PSP jAP VERSION ,firmware donwgraded from 2.0 to 1.52 , got a original film wont play, got a original game wont play says he has to upgrade to 2.0 or higher will play some original games / films but not WWE SMACKDOWN VS RAW ,wont play from stick either if i download this game , if he upgrades to play these , am i right in thinking he might not be able to downgrade in case he bricks the psp.And why wont a original film /game play on any PSP , running any firmware

Any help would be most appreciated

Thanks

yaustar
March 23rd, 2006, 09:47
The firmware supplies a lot of the API calls to the hardware, in most cases the later games use these calls so running an old firmware wont work. The other side of the coin is that it forces users to upgrade to the latest version to play games and used as an anti priacy tactic.

I find it odd that you downgraded to 1.52 rather then 1.5 which is the firmware version that the downgrader was designed for.

Also note that all PSPs are region coded in terms of UMD films. If you have a JAP PSP and a USA UMD film, it wont play because USA is region 2 and JAP/UK is region 1.

You can try the Firmware version spoofer that is around to fool the game tha it is running on a higher version then it is.

Bluecat
March 23rd, 2006, 14:13
Also note that all PSPs are region coded in terms of UMD films. If you have a JAP PSP and a USA UMD film, it wont play because USA is region 2 and JAP/UK is region 1.

Other way round :)

Some films also required you to upgrade, might be why they won't work. A fair few of the 2.0+ games are now working using MPH's game loader, but by no means all.

Shouldn't worry about bricking it - I up and downgrade my PSP loads of times to play GTA before the game loader was released.

kimbonious
March 23rd, 2006, 19:43
Also Smackdown Vs. Raw won't play on 2.0