PDA

View Full Version : problem upgrading from 1.52 to 2.0

knobby1
March 24th, 2006, 17:35
heres what I did I created a folder named update on the memory stick which is the original 32 mb. I unzipped the 2.00 which which is eboot something (I forget) I then put that file in the update folder I created on my psp . So now when I go To the memory stick it shows me that file I put in is corrupted . So I deleted and tried this process again with same result any help . Is this a bad file . :(

IndianCheese
March 24th, 2006, 20:16
OK, here are some things that may have gone wrong.

The PBP file must be in \PSP\GAME\UPDATE\. If not, it will be corrupt.
You may have gotten a fake update.
Sometimes, for whatever reason, the flash gets corrupt and the update gets messed up. Go to System Settings > Restore Default Settings. Then run the update.

knobby1
March 25th, 2006, 04:07
when I go to psp folder I don't have another folder that says games , it's one folder and it name has a bunch of numbers and stuff . I think it might be one of my saved game folders or something . Unless I have to create this games folder , Do I ? :eek:

TrowaX
March 25th, 2006, 05:44
Best advice i would say did you try formatting the memory stick make sure you back up all the data first then format it

Gene
March 26th, 2006, 05:38
when I go to psp folder I don't have another folder that says games , it's one folder and it name has a bunch of numbers and stuff . I think it might be one of my saved game folders or something . Unless I have to create this games folder , Do I ? :eek:

Inside the folder "PSP"

make a folder called "GAME"

then make a folder in GAME called "UPDATE"

put the 2.0 eboot in "UPDATE"

unplug USB cord

on psp, go to the controller icon (far right, should say game)

now scroll to the very bottom of the controller icon

there should be what looks like a memory stick that says "Memory Stick"

click on that

there should be a subfolder that says updates or something

click on that

then it says "are you sure you want to update?" or something like that

plug your charger into the psp

and click yes or something...

If that didn't work then, your v2 eboot is corrupt. If it is, pm me and i'll send you mine.

if i'm permitted that is...

knobby1
March 27th, 2006, 22:36
Thanx for the time to explain will give it a shot ! :)

knobby1
March 27th, 2006, 23:19
It worked ! Now the task of downgrading to the 1.5 . Thanx again ;)