PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Problem No Video but got sound

wraggster
June 1st, 2009, 17:04
my lads xbox360 premium just recently stopped showing the video and only shows the sound, theres no red lights of any kind either, tried 2 different leads also

any ideas ?

mike_jmg
June 2nd, 2009, 10:07
Use a diferent cable, if HDMI switch for Component or vice versa

beetroot bertie
June 2nd, 2009, 11:00
If you haven't already, and if possible you could try it on a different Telly too, just to rule out that there could be a problem with the TV sockets or the TV itself rather than the 360.

I know it sounds daft but you could check to see if the switch on the underside of the A/V cable and moved to an innapropriate setting (from SD to HDTV for example if your son has it hooked up to a standard def telly).

I take it you're out of warranty?

If you're happy opening it up, you could look for broken or loose solder connections round the A/V socket on the motherboard, but again that's just me guessing as I know naff all about electronics.

It might be the GPU at fault, then perhaps one of the x-clamp/RRoD fixes may help. Or maybe the themal paste needs replacing between the processors and their heatsinks. I've heard it can harden and people seem to recommend using a themal paste called Artic Silver (I think).

Here's a link to a DIY x-clamp fix which includes cleaning the paste off the processors:
http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/repair/ring_of_light_x-clamp_fix.htm