PDA

View Full Version : Emulating NES/Snes on DS using AceKard 2i

orionfactor
June 2nd, 2009, 03:17
Hey everyone, I got my AceKard 2i today which is a slot 1 card and had no problem getting it up and running NDS games.

I am however having a LOT of trouble finding "current" information about emulating the NES, Snes, genesis, etc. on the DS.

I tried several emulators but a few freeze when i try to launch them, and the other ones freeze when i tried to load any roms. I haven't gottena single one to work.

The ones i've currently tried are SnesDS, SNEmulDSv04, nesDS, NesterDS.

If anyone has any links to sites that have some current information about emulation and roms, and whats compatible with the AceKard 2i, slot 1 card, it would be greatly appreciated.

DanTheManMS
June 3rd, 2009, 00:29
You should be using NES DS, SNEmulDS v0.6 Alpha, an jEnesisDS. To prevent NES DS from freezing, launch it from the AKAIO firmware. To get jEnesisDS to work, I think you have to use a slightly older version. Perhaps v0.7 or v0.6 rather than the latest v0.7.4 version (those numbers might be wrong since I got them off the top of my head).

DrTrunk
June 5th, 2009, 06:07
You should be using NES DS, SNEmulDS v0.6 Alpha, an jEnesisDS. To prevent NES DS from freezing, launch it from the AKAIO firmware. To get jEnesisDS to work, I think you have to use a slightly older version. Perhaps v0.7 or v0.6 rather than the latest v0.7.4 version (those numbers might be wrong since I got them off the top of my head).

Do you know of one for GBA?

DanTheManMS
June 5th, 2009, 20:24
There is none.

venom623
July 8th, 2009, 04:16
I am using the snemulds v.6 alpha. I cant seem to get the emu to recognize any snes roms. I put a folder named snes roms on the root of the card along with the snemulds nds file. Any suggestions??

jaklarnak
July 8th, 2009, 14:30
You have to name the folder "SNES" otherwise it won't work.
you can put the snemulds.nds and the snemulds.cfg files wherever you want but you have to put the "SNES" folder at the root of the card.