PDA

View Full Version : Whats your advice for me? I currently have 2.01 in my psp.

shadowofanubis66
March 28th, 2006, 05:18
I just bought it today and am happy with it, but like the dreamcast, i want to be able to use homebrew and such emulation on it. Should i upgrade to 2.6 (and then what would i do?), or should i stay at 2.01 and do.... something to help my cause? Either way, pointing me to the best guide or sticky is much appreciated along with the answer to my question. thanks in advance

TheGreatMe
March 28th, 2006, 18:50
Well, i'm not sure, but there is no way to downgrade to 1.5 that would enable you to play Homebrew and Iso Loaders. But you can play almost all homebrew games with the GTA Homebrew Launcher (there are several versions of it), but you can't start Iso Loaders. But since you only want that Emulators, that's no problem.

Just get GTA, and the GTA Homebrew Launcher. Most of the Homebrew apps/games work already with the GTA Homebrew Launcher, but not all, and no Iso Loaders.

Anyway, perhaps there IS a way to downgrade from 2.01 to 2.00 and then to 1.5 or directly from 2.01 to 1.5 - but i'm not sure...so rather wait for other answers, before getting GTA, just in case you don't have it...well, even if you don't have it, get it, it's cool! :)

vettacossx
March 28th, 2006, 19:43
FIRST THERE IS CURENTLY NO REAL DOWNGRADES FOR PSP VERSIONS ABOVE 2.0
CAN DOWNGRADE FROM 2.0 TO 1.5 OR 1.0 HOWERVER 2.01 2.5 AND 2.6 WILL HAVE TO WAIT TILL WE CAN USE "THE NEW SECRET UNDERWRAPS I DONT KNOW WHY THOUGH..LOL" EXPLOIT ON FIRMWARES ABOVE 2.O WE JUST NEED TO BE ABLE TO READ "TIFF" FORMAT ON OUR PSP ABOVE 2.0 IF WE DO THIS THEN WE COULD THEORETICLY USE THE TIFF EXPLOIT THAT IS USE IN THE "MPH DOWNGRADER" THAT DOES WORK IVE DONE IT 3 TIMES ON 3 DIFFERENT PSP CONSOLES
AND FOR A LIST OF WHAT DOES WORK FOR 2.01 CHECK OUT WWW.FANJITA.ORG AND THIS LINK http://www.fanjita.org/content/psp_working.html FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME

mike2355
March 30th, 2006, 01:30
hey man i have a 2.01 psp also got it from walmart couple months ago.. if you dont already get gta so you can get homebrew... i got nintendo with 167 games, super nintendo with about 20 and sega with a couple all on my 1gig stick... i still have like 700-800 mb's left if you need any help getting a emulator on your psp just reply here

shadowofanubis66
March 30th, 2006, 02:50
Actually i just bought gta and got that snestyl emulator working on the psp.... it's pretty cool. I do have a problem with using psplayerMT, the video player that is supposed to play all formats as long as its under 488x272 or something like that. My videos are, but all i see is white text saying the directories as the user interface of the program, and when i try finding and playing a video, it shuts off my psp after it says its loading the video. Any ideas?

mike2355
March 30th, 2006, 22:44
congrats on getting the snes working wut size mem stick do u got?

shadowofanubis66
March 30th, 2006, 23:30
1 gig stick