PDA

View Full Version : PSP Go is £230 say retailers

Shrygue
June 4th, 2009, 22:51
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=216910)

The PSP Go will cost a whooping £229.99 in UK if prices on UK retail sites Game and GameStation are accurate.

Both retailers (here and here) are now taking pre-orders on Sony's new handheld for that price - which is blood pricey when compared to the $249.99 US price tag.

Under the current conversion rate, £230 is almost $380. Which means snagging a PSP Go from the US would cost you £153. Plus shipping if need be. Hmm...

Fortunately, Sony has told us that "UK pricing is still TBC". Let's hope the official price is somewhere nearer the £180 mark.

apex05
June 4th, 2009, 23:09
Sony's never been shy about putting a ridiculous price on launch to because they know people will be going for the midnight opening to get the latest tech, true we being ripped off but you can't blame Sony for wanting to take advantage.

osgeld
June 4th, 2009, 23:57
thats true to a point ... and it may hold true for this, eventho its almost 5 year old tech with a smaller screen

darkriku2000
June 5th, 2009, 00:36
I actually think that the smaller screen is a good idea, it means that the games will look a little better, one of my biggest beefs with the bleach games is that they look poorly rendered, but they might look pretty good on the GO

osgeld
June 5th, 2009, 03:29
depends on how finicky you are about displays, you will gain a higher pixel density, but at a reduced screen size for a higher price

the rendering itself might get slightly better due to better chip design, but i would not expect image quality to go up, but i would be disappointed if speed did not go up

yakumo
June 5th, 2009, 09:44
It's expensive. I'll wait till a price drop.

Uberman
June 5th, 2009, 15:46
$250US?! Are you kidding? I can buy a Netbook for that much (in fact, I just did) that has a 9" screen, a hard drive, can run Windows or Linux, AND I DON'T HAVE TO FIGHT WITH THE MANUFACTURER TO PUT WHATEVER SOFTWARE I WANT ON IT!

Good luck with that, Sony. :rofl:

osgeld
June 5th, 2009, 18:33
i agree somewhat with uberman, altho with a netbook you miss out on those constant massive blockbuster hits

like um ....

well theres GOW

Accordion
June 6th, 2009, 23:33
Wasnt the idea that it launched at the same price the original PSP launched at?

Pretty sure i paid £179. Any more is too much.