PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects review

Cap'n 1time
March 29th, 2006, 17:33
What happens when a upper end mediocre game gets ported to a console with a library as pathetic as the American governments approval rating?? Well the game seems a bit less mediocre. As far as I can tell (I only played an xbox demo and that was months ago) this game sticks pretty close to its non-portable counterpart. Tons of familiar characters and tons of new ones. I cant promise you'll like this game, but it actually managed to hold my interest :) .

Graphics 3/5
Less then stellar graphics. Honestly the player models look like somthing from the N64 era. Arena's do look someone impressive. Almost everything can be damaged, thrown, blown up... whatever. The point is the stages you fight on look ok considering how crappy the character models are.

Sound 3/5
Decent SFX make up for this games crap music. The music sounds like somthing from that one Russle Crow movie... no the good one. Booms, Blams, Pows, Biffs... All the SFX that you need to make a decent fighting game are found here.

Controls 2/5
These controls are a bit hard to get used to.. sometime the camera can be a bit awkward too. Honestly when I first played I thought the button layout was WRONG! Eventually you get used to it and even then you cant seem to always make those significant movements that help you to win the match.

Game-play 3.5/5
The game becomes addictive after a while. Unlocking new characters and getting new Cards that help you win battles is your only motive.. You find some characters to be unbalanced. For instance it is my opinion that spider-man should be much more powerful. You might find your self fighting some characters over and over (The Wink) and others beating the hell out of the first time (Brigade).

Overall 3/5
I'm probably being a little generous, but what can I say? I actually enjoyed this game... Now it is far from a killer app. I do not recommend you go out and buy this game right away. If you have a friend that owns it or you can rent it test it out.. YOU MIGHT HATE IT! I found it to be entertaining though :)

Kaiser
March 31st, 2006, 01:16
Nice review, I'm tired of the ports my self ;)

vettacossx
March 31st, 2006, 06:44
i was a bit curious about this title? i liked the x-men legends games it sounds like this ones a lil like that i might pick it up gr8 reveiw very honest and full