PDA

View Full Version : A couple questions.

whiskthecat
March 29th, 2006, 23:39
First of all I am considering purchasing a used dreamcast. I have two questions and I would appreciate it greatly if someone answered them for me. My first questions is, How great are the odds of getting a dreamcast that doesnt play CD-R's. Second question is, how good is snes emulation.

Thanks in advance for answering.

DCDayDreamer
March 30th, 2006, 18:15
As far as the Dreamcast not playing CDR's depends on what region model it is, any PAL model Dreamcast will play CDR's, NTSC models I'm not sure of, I think the later releases don't play CDR's, here's a link for you to check (how accurate the list is - I'm not sure):
http://www.dcemulation.com/article-supported.htm

SNES emulation is pretty good on the DC, over the years there have been quite a few releases (ranging from painfully slow to playable). of those, DreamSNES and Super Famicast are probably the best at the moment, the good news is - a new SNES emulator is in the works, it's called SNES4ALL, it's still in it's Alpha stage but already shows great promise and will more than likely surpass both DreamSNES and Super Famicast pretty soon.

Turd-Bird
May 16th, 2006, 12:15
{removed: we don't allow posts about ripping games in theses forums, read rules}