PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question: Are Multiple CDIs On One Disk Possible?

Full Metal XL
March 30th, 2006, 01:15
Well, the title says it all. I just got ahold of Crisis Evil, Rhythm of Destruction and the Marathon Trilogy and was getting ready to burn them to disk...But now I think about their respective sizes and want to know can I put them all on one disk instead of three seperate ones. Is there a program that will let me do this?

Sue me...I'm CD stingy. :p

Thanks in advance! :D

Darksaviour69
March 30th, 2006, 02:22
the only way to put multi home brew on one disc is dc hakker and dream inducer (sbi's)

cdi is a disc image, so you can't have three on one disc, but if you make you own sbi's or use dc hakker and put the binarys on the disc

Full Metal XL
March 30th, 2006, 03:30
Nuts...This sounds complicated, at least to a new person to the scene. I don't suppose anyone knows where I can find those games as SBI files?

fackue
March 30th, 2006, 16:36
Of course - check out Sbiffy.

www.consolevision.com/members/sbiffy/

DCDayDreamer
March 30th, 2006, 17:56
Well, the title says it all. I just got ahold of Crisis Evil, Rhythm of Destruction and the Marathon Trilogy and was getting ready to burn them to disk...But now I think about their respective sizes and want to know can I put them all on one disk instead of three seperate ones. Is there a program that will let me do this?

Sue me...I'm CD stingy. :p

Thanks in advance! :D
Each one of the CDI files are made as standalone images, to put them all together on one CDR you would have to at the very least rip all the files out, sort them, rename them, and recompile the image to burn. The 3 CDI files would only need 3 CDR's, considering the cost of 3 CDR's against the amount of time you'd have to spend trying to get all 3 images on one CDR, it really isn't worth it. There are no SBI files available for any of the games that are on any of the CDI files, Crisis Evil and Rhythm of Destruction are BoR mod compilation images - if you use Dream Inducer (SBI menu) you'll get extremely slow loading times with every game, the Marathon Trilogy binaries and game data files use the Dream Inducer menu, but all the game binaries and game data files have been altered for that specific image.

Cid Highwind
March 30th, 2006, 22:10
Personally I prefer to do the following:

Download DCHakker (discjuggler image) and burn it to a blank CDr. This will be your homebrew bootdisc.

Grab all the binary files of the emulators and homebrew games you want. Start Nero and create a multisession data disc. Make sure you rename the binary files from their standard '1st_read.bin' to the name of the application and put them in the root of the cd, or a subfolder. Add the roms to the cd and burn the disc. Remember not to finalize the disc so that you can add new binary files whenever a new version gets released, especially since Chui has been updating Snes4all lately.

Now I know you were talking about homebrew games I haven't checked myself, but you could try this method as well.

ps. I once tried using the SBI method myself but I couldn't get it to work, so I decided to stick with my own method :)

Full Metal XL
March 31st, 2006, 05:35
Thanks for the suggestions, people. Yanno, I was thinking about the whole SBI way, but then I saw none of the games I mentioned, and then the tutorial to make a SBI file didn't work out so well for me. :mad:

After that debacle, I was about to say to hell with it and blow the CDs, but the whole open session idea might be worth giving a shot. Hopefully we have a winner on our hands... :cool:

Christuserloeser
April 1st, 2006, 06:54
Cid Highwind: What problems did you have with SBIs & SBInducer exactly ?

Was it sth like the menu showing up but none of your entries ?

Cid Highwind
April 1st, 2006, 13:02
It's been such a long time ago I tried, so I don't know exactly anymore. I think it had something to do with the SBI files not being recognized while I had them in the right folder. But I might have a made a n00bish mistake as well.

So that's when I did things the way I described above and it worked just fine for me. :)

Christuserloeser
April 1st, 2006, 16:37
Perhaps you should give it another go then ;)

Hm, if an SBI file is not recognized by SBInducr, make sure your files aren't renamed to .zip when downloaded. Some browser are supposed to do that I've heard.

Cid Highwind
April 1st, 2006, 16:51
Thanks for the advice, maybe I will try it again, but untill then I'll be a knucklehead and stick with my own method. As long as I can play the stuff and don't have to spend too many discs I'm satisfied :p