PDA

View Full Version : SNES9X TYL V0.3. Speed Tip

TrowaX
March 30th, 2006, 06:51
Go to the Hack/Debug Menu and turn on Ignore Palette Writes and you should see a speed difference hope it works, it works for me :)

Amigamul8r
March 30th, 2006, 10:39
Hi!

Good idea. It runs nearly in realtime. I think it is fast because the "raster interupts" (dont know how it is called properly) are turned off. This is used to get gadient colors (for example a sky that is brighter at the horizon) by changing the color so fast that it is changed before the next line of the display is written. I know this - i had an amiga computer ;)

Greetings

Tobi

TrowaX
March 30th, 2006, 15:41
Lol are you the same person on yoyofr forums ?

Here is my setting for Snes9XTYL 0.3me to get most game running smooth

Sound: on/off don't really matter here but frequency 11Khz (some games run smoother with 44Khz on so just check back and forth to see which 1 works out better.)

GFX engine: PSP accel.+accu.soft. seems to be the best one in terms of speed and Graphics.

Frameskip: Yes that's right 0 Frameskip to enjoy 100% of the graphics rended on the PSP.

Rendering: 1:1 for extra speed but i go with Zoom 4/3.

Render PAL as NTSC: not sure if this setting actually effects the speed.but set mine's to on.

Smoothing: on for much cleaner and smoothering look.

Video Limit: on so the gameplay will not go over the 60fps.

Gamma correction : 0 nothing much to do on this setting just for the brightness.

CPU clock: 333Mhz no brainers about this one. to gain full advantage of the speed you must put this to 333Mhz.(This set to 333Mhz will not brick your PSP if you are just wondering.Takes a little more off the batterythats all.)

Show FPS: i keep it on to test out the settings.

Here is the Hack/Debug Menu settings

Show rendering passes: off this is not needed to be on.

Speed hacks: on this will help the PSP in terms of speed boost.

Ignore Fixed Colour: on a little more boost in speed.
Ignore Windows clipping: off keeps the psp GFX from rendering incorrect display of graphics.
Ignore Add/Sub modes: off does the same function as in Windows clipping but in terms of Sub and text.
Ignore Palette writes:On This setting will give you a major boost in speed and profomance when playing with 0 Frameskip.

Fast modes 7 : on not sure if this setting is working or not but mine is on.
No transparency: off keeps every little spark,shots,fireball,kicks, and punch render.
Fast sprites: off turn this on if you need more in the speed over graphics.

Soundfix: on not sure if this works or not too.

Well hope you enjoy your PSP with these settings on SNES9XTYL0.3me.Might not all work on SNES9XTYL0.3 but just give it a shot. Good luck

PS:yoyofr,fanjita,Team Emergency Team, ahman,and all the rest that you guys ROCK !!!!!. :)

jaws365
March 30th, 2006, 15:47
ARGHH! My psp with 1.5 fw was recently stolen so I had to buy a new one...with 2.6 fw!

Does anyone have a clue how to get SnesTyl 03 to run properly on 2.6? Nothing yet seems to help on the poor speed.

calebg
March 31st, 2006, 08:11
mine runs 60 fps on most games my 2.6

Lodis
March 31st, 2006, 14:17
ARGHH! My psp with 1.5 fw was recently stolen so I had to buy a new one...with 2.6 fw!

Does anyone have a clue how to get SnesTyl 03 to run properly on 2.6? Nothing yet seems to help on the poor speed.

Why didn't you just buy a 1.50/1.51/1.52/2.00 firmware Psp from Ebay?
Even a few online stores still sell downgradeable Psp's.

TrowaX
March 31st, 2006, 20:59
When it comes to firmwire i would just go out a get a used psp and hope for 1.5,1.52, or 2.00 you get better luck doing that then buying new psp