PDA

View Full Version : Saturn Bomberman being evaluated for XBL Arcade

wraggster
March 30th, 2006, 20:12
According to comments made by a Hudson online marketing manager to 1UP, Saturn Bomberman — considered by many to be the best version of Bomberman and one of the greatest multiplayer titles of all time — is "under evaluation" for Xbox Live Arcade. The original Sega Saturn game featured a frantic 10-player Battle mode that would likely be a huge draw for 360 owners looking for a simple, but addictive multiplayer experience. Let's hope the evaluation process comes to that same conclusion.

Darksaviour69
March 30th, 2006, 20:29
that game was great, i never enjoyed 10 player with it, but its a sweet idea

RockinB
March 31st, 2006, 02:32
That's cool. What SEGA is doing on the PS2 with their SEGA AGES series is really amazing. So I guess Saturn bomberman will not run on an emulator (unlike the way how the Revolution is going to do it).
I really hope to find those polished SEGA AGES games(Panzer Dragoon, oh yeah) on XBL, too.

Christuserloeser
April 1st, 2006, 00:39
Saturn Bomberman is by far the best Bomberman version. Living in a community for years (shared a flat with lots of my friends), I got around playing it quite often with more than the usual 5 (or 6?) players on one screen - let me ensure you it's great fun, but all of your friends better be profs in playing Bomberman or you'll end up lonely on the big screen :)

Funny that Saturn Bomberman was one of the very few games that used the fantastic interlaced hi res mode of the Saturn, just like Virtua Fighter II :)

I think it was 768x480 or x512 iirc !? I don't think any Dreamcast/GC/xBox game uses a similar resolution ... !?

tsurumaru
May 23rd, 2006, 15:53
I was seriously just about to write to Hudsonsoft to implore them to consider releasing Saturn Bomberman for Xbox Live Arcade, the only two games I have left for my Saturn are this and Panzer Dragoon Saga. Its the most fun I've had on a multiplayer game.

GagaMan
May 23rd, 2006, 23:32
Oh sweet as. Saturn Bomberman is, in my hinest opinion, the ultimate bomberman game. It really had everything needed, and it's battle mode has the most ever features. The footie level in particulr is a favorite of mine thanks to the goal-fire technique I've mastered , gets them every time ;p

killingrage
October 11th, 2006, 13:19
hey guys...may i know where to dl the saturn bomberman rom for the newest version for SSF emulator...do i need to dl something called the ST card??? or saturn bomberman cannot be played in emulator??? thx in advance to everyone

JKKDARK
October 11th, 2006, 17:08
hey guys...may i know where to dl the saturn bomberman rom for the newest version for SSF emulator...do i need to dl something called the ST card??? or saturn bomberman cannot be played in emulator??? thx in advance to everyone
Buy the game in your local shops or sites like eBay. We don't support piracy here.