PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS Chip

Vylrath
March 31st, 2006, 03:48
Hi,

I'm an amateur homebrew game developer for the GBA, and I recently purchased a SuperCard flash chip so that I could run my games on the actual system.

Well, I've decided I want to start learning DS games as well, so I was wondering what I need to buy to start DS programming hardware. I see there's a device called PassMe, and a DS SuperCard, but the prices vary greatly, and I'm not sure which to get.

Oh yeah, the card that I have already works like an empty GBA card that I can stick a 1-gig flash card into, so I can have easy access to and from my computer. I don't know if that would affect the best DS option.

Thanks very much for the help!

- Brian
[email protected]

GinaWrite
March 31st, 2006, 15:45
All you need is the appropriate version of the PassMe card to make your DS read files from your supercard, I believe.

gurm
March 31st, 2006, 16:26
Yes, you simply need a PassMe or PassMe2 (or Superpass, passkey or any of the half dozen devices of this nature) and then you can execute NDS games directly from the Supercard you already own.

However, many people choose to flash the firmware on their DS so that they don't have to keep the rather bulky PassMe AND a DS game plugged into their DS all the time in order to run homebrew. It's a relatively simple procedure.