PDA

View Full Version : SNES Station won't boot

MazterZ
June 11th, 2009, 16:41
I have a modded slip PS2. I've spent a great amount of time reading through different guides (even the official one from SNES Station's site, through waybackmachine, since the site is now down). I've burnt 3 cds and 1 dvd in hopes of getting it to work, all of them through different guides and ways. None of them work.

All of them give me the same scenario. I pop the disk into my ps2, it starts booting up, SONY logo, etc, then my modchip logo. This is usually the point where programs or games load up, after I have seen my modchip logo, but not this time. After seeing my modchip logo, there is just... nothing. Black space waiting for me, endlessly.

I'm getting quite ticked off right now. Why is it that it works for everyone else but not me? I've burnt those disks at 8x or 4x speed, the lowest that I could get, depending on the type of the disk. It's not that low, but it should still work fine. Any help on getting this to work so I could spend my summer in a nice way while I'm getting sent off to my grandparents house?

VampDude
June 12th, 2009, 09:39
I have SNES Station on both CD and DVD, which I followed the instructions and have had no trouble whatsoever.

Maybe it's the disc's you are using? Or the burning software? I write my CD/DVD media at 1x which burns very slowly, but gets the results I want.

MazterZ
June 12th, 2009, 09:43
Maybe so, my other programs (like UlaunchELF) or backup gams have had no problems so far though,

Well, after all the hassles with the disks, I tried using the USB version, which surprisingly worked from the first time.

THanks for your help, I guess I'll have to keep using the USB one though, though I'd prefer a disk.

0zymandias
September 9th, 2009, 12:25
i'm having trouble with the usb version. whenever i press x to open up the menu with my roms in it it freezes. it also freezes when i exited the screen adjuster and just leaving the options menu caused it to freeze

dante221
November 24th, 2009, 20:34
Is there anyway I can get this emulator to work on HDadvance?

dermoptera
January 18th, 2010, 20:45
i'm having trouble with the usb version. whenever i press x to open up the menu with my roms in it it freezes. it also freezes when i exited the screen adjuster and just leaving the options menu caused it to freeze

Me too, worked fine on a fatty and now freezes up on the slim and is really starting to piss me off!:confused: