PDA

View Full Version : PSPXTI: A TI-92 Calculator emulator v1.0.5 (update)

zx-81
March 31st, 2006, 23:15
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/Ti92calc.jpg

Hi All,

I've just released the version 1.0.5 of the PSP TI-92 calculator.

Computation errors have been found in previous versions of the emulator, and for example ln(x) function gave false results for x < 1.0.

After a long period of bug tracking, errors have been found in 12 instructions of the 68000 processor emulator.
Those bugs were present in the original source code of Xtiger and they are all fixed now.

This version works with 2.xFW. and 1.5FW.

It's distributed under GNU licence and sources are included.

Enjoy, :)

Zx.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

coolasiwannab
April 1st, 2006, 00:26
im kinda new to the seen is it possible to tell how to install this because this emulator will be great for my calculus classes

zx-81
April 1st, 2006, 00:59
Unzip the archive and copy the contents of the fw2.0/pspxti or fw1.5/pspxti directory (depending on your PSP Firmware version) to the PSP/GAME/pspxti directory of your psp.

By the way, you can find all needed informations in the README.txt file included in the archive.

LampDev
April 1st, 2006, 09:26
You will also need to have the ROM file for the ti-92 or ti-92+ which can be downloaded from the calculator itself using a romdumper.

If you don't own one, you *could* borrow a buddy's from your class or have him/her/it do it themselves and send you a copy.

If you aren't comfortable doing a romdump, then TI's website has a download page where you can download the OS. However, I don't know if this is the same thing as the ROM file. Someone had said it was not the same thing as the ROM file and another said it worked as long as you do something to it.

Can someone please clarify exactly what the file you can download from TI really is and (if you have to)/(how to) edit it to work with this emulator?

stotheamuel
April 1st, 2006, 09:27
i may be wrong but website for ti has em i think

zx-81
April 1st, 2006, 09:40
You will also need to have the ROM file for the ti-92 or ti-92+ which can be downloaded from the calculator itself using a romdumper.

If you don't own one, you *could* borrow a buddy's from your class or have him/her/it do it themselves and send you a copy.

If you aren't comfortable doing a romdump, then TI's website has a download page where you can download the OS. However, I don't know if this is the same thing as the ROM file. Someone had said it was not the same thing as the ROM file and another said it worked as long as you do something to it.

Can someone please clarify exactly what the file you can download from TI really is and (if you have to)/(how to) edit it to work with this emulator?

The file available on TI web site (for educationnal purposes) is not compatible with PSPXTI :(. It's not really a ROM, it's a flash update, that have to be modified by removing the header of the files. Anyway this file is for hardware 2 version of TI-92, and PSPXTI is compatible only with TI-92 hardware 1.

PSPXTI supports only the TI-92+ ROM v1.1 or any TI-92 ROM.

On my web site you will find some more informations. :)

Voltron
April 1st, 2006, 17:30
This comes with a ROM that appears to function. What does the TI-92+ ROM v1.1 do that the included ROM does not?

Any help would be appreciated.

zx-81
April 1st, 2006, 18:02
The included rom is PedRom from Patrick Pelissier, and it's an Operating System for Ti-68k calculators. It can't be compared with the ROM from texas instruments, because it's completly different. I've put that rom with the emulator package only to show that this emulator is working fine, and for demo purposes (as they have done for the TiEmu project). :)

OopFjord
April 1st, 2006, 18:46
Not working here - the TI 'screen' is there, but the 'skin' / buttons, etc, are just black (imagine a TI screen floating in space)

I'm in Japan, using a Japanese PSP - V1.5 - could that be the reason? The last version of this app ran just fine

zx-81
April 1st, 2006, 18:59
I see what happens, you have to copy the file xti-classic.bmp and xti-aqua.bmp on the PSP/GAME/PSPXTI directory of your PSP :)

acn010
April 2nd, 2006, 01:47
i dont know this, never tested by myself, its seems good, but here it is for the peeps that are searching like crazy for the rom:
http://boxen.org/forum/files/romti92plus.zip
or the not the so called plus:
http://boxen.org/forum/files/romti92.zip
that is all i want to say, and good idea making a calculator, now i have an excuse of why i take out my psp in my class

acn010
April 2nd, 2006, 02:29
muahahahhaha, i just test them with the roms i found,
THERE GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>.> <.<>.>
another thing:
on the ti92plus, you can rename that file as ti92.rom
simple as that, works great.
well my mission is done here.

sroon
April 3rd, 2006, 18:32
I must be stuped or something, i couldnt get it to work.

zx-81
April 3rd, 2006, 20:05
I must be stuped or something, i couldnt get it to work.

Can you give us more details ? what happen ? what do u succeed to do ? :)

The only thing to do is to copy all the directory fw2.0/pspxti (if you have a 2.x PSP) on your PSP/GAME directory, and then add your rom file ti92.rom on the same location. :)

Krazzy Roy
April 4th, 2006, 02:39
Hey sup i dont knwo man thanks to everyone hear cause the ti 92 homebrew works fine on firmware 2.6 i am happy thank you :D

theLLOYDman
April 5th, 2006, 04:40
this may be a stupid question but do u need GTA to launch the calculator?

zx-81
April 5th, 2006, 10:21
If you need GTA to launch homebrew on your PSP, you need it also for PSPXTI.

grey717
April 6th, 2006, 03:00
yea, im using VF2.60 and it doesnt work

grey717
April 6th, 2006, 03:03
how do u get it to work on version firmware 2.60?

zx-81
April 6th, 2006, 09:22
When you say it doesn't work, what do you mean ? Is there any error message ? What do you succeed to do ? What eloader do you use ? Can you give us some more details ?

:)

uhoh_hotdogs
April 14th, 2006, 07:56
I've been searching for a TI-92+ ROM for forever!!! I have only the regular TI-92 and I'm strapped for cash at the moment so I can't afford another calculator. (My TI-92 ROM was unable to load one of the apps for the emulator, I can now load the app!!!) Thanks so much acn010 if you ever see this.

Sentenza
June 21st, 2006, 17:27
when i start the emulation the ''screen'' of the calculator gets black
i have fw 1.5

gunntims0103
June 21st, 2006, 17:29
omg i didnt even notice that you madethis emu zx-81 good job

does this allow you to do graphing and other stuff sorry il try this later

good job

zx-81
June 21st, 2006, 17:41
when i start the emulation the ''screen'' of the calculator gets black
i have fw 1.5

You should find a rom for this emulator ;) ... Have a look to the readme and/or go to my blog (http://zx81.zx81.free.fr) for more informations.

zx-81
June 21st, 2006, 17:42
omg i didnt even notice that you madethis emu zx-81 good job

does this allow you to do graphing and other stuff sorry il try this later

good job

Yes, this is a graphical scientific calculator (one of the best at that time).

gunntims0103
June 21st, 2006, 17:45
omg greeeeeeeaaaaaat stuff

iv been praying for this since i started high school

well im on vacation now

il put this to great use next school year thou

great work zx-81

to my fav coder

thanx

XedLos
August 27th, 2006, 08:52
does anyone have a link to download the ROM file?
or a Torrent?

zx-81
August 27th, 2006, 10:14
does anyone have a link to download the ROM file?
or a Torrent?

I think ROM request is not tolerated on this forum ;) ...

Anyway everything you need is to go to my website : http://zx81.zx81.free.fr

Kaliman
September 1st, 2006, 03:18
good work pal, i use to have a voyage 200 but i have to sell it, and now with this emulator i can have something really close to the one i have, this emulator its very stable, i don't know how to thank youzx81, you r my hero

zx-81
September 1st, 2006, 23:34
good work pal, i use to have a voyage 200 but i have to sell it, and now with this emulator i can have something really close to the one i have, this emulator its very stable, i don't know how to thank youzx81, you r my hero

pibs
September 5th, 2006, 12:27
this has to be one of the most useful things in school right now haha

mr_nick666
September 5th, 2006, 13:00
this has to be one of the most useful things in school right now haha

Vettacossx asked me to pass on his thanks too! ;) He is finding it an invaluable app :D

Java.x
December 5th, 2007, 02:36
works great but as other versions update this 1 becomes invalid, but by adding a msql database connection you can easily make your psp search for updates while updateing your psp. should detect all new versions that are accesable.