PDA

View Full Version : OGM to AVI question...

Kamike
April 1st, 2006, 13:37
Hi, I recently downloaded a program called ogm to avi(www.ogmtoavi.sourceforge.net) with the purpose of converting my anime into avi, and then into pmp. It works great, etc except that it converts the ogm to avi using the default audio track, which is a problem.

I, like most anime fans, like to watch the anime with japanese dub with subtitles. Unfortunately, most of the ogm's are set with the english as default dub track instead of japanese (which is the second audio track). Is there a way to change the default permanently for these ogm's so that I can convert them without having to listen to horrible non-japanese dubs?

thanks

Kamike
April 1st, 2006, 16:51
Okay, I solved my initial problem, but now a new one comes up T.T

I used this program called "alltoavi" from sourceforge to get my .ogm's into .avi's with japanese audio and subtitles (finally), which I tested by watching the avi's on mplayer.

BUT, When I use "avi to pmp" to get watch them on the psp, the video comes out with jap audio but no saubtitles! argh!

what did I do wrong?!

yaustar
April 1st, 2006, 17:40
When you convert the ogm to avi, do you get a seperate file like a .srt?

Kamike
April 1st, 2006, 17:41
Oh, man. I solved the problem. It seems the crop setting was ****ed with, and the Y angle was put at 118, which cut off the subtitles -_-

heh :D

Kamike
April 1st, 2006, 17:58
When you convert the ogm to avi, do you get a seperate file like a .srt?

yeah, that was annoying since I had to add subtitles everythime when converting the avi to pmp, but thankfully, alltoavi has a setting which allows you to combine the ogm's subtitle into the avi.