PDA

View Full Version : Windows 98/Me Titles

hafhaq
April 1st, 2006, 15:51
Would it be possible to see some sort of port for a directx emulator to support windows 98/me games on the dc? titles including hitman,final fantasy VIII, etc.

Darksaviour69
April 1st, 2006, 16:39
simply no, each game would have too be ported. but not source = no port

Eric
April 6th, 2006, 15:21
There cant be a Direct X emulator. Direct X i think could be ported to KOS but thats alot of work i think KOS would have to be ported to Windows CE which Direct X is implemented on then port Direct X into KOS libraries if i'm correct. From there on games from Windows 95,98 and up could possibly be running on Dreamcast. But those dreams will never come true unless a coder has the mind breaking hours and wants to complete this work in a couple of years.

You could always by a license from Microsoft to do it and a license from Sega to use Katana then there would be ports but of course you would have sell them i think and get licenses from those companies that your porting of those games. Oh and of course yeah like Darksaviour69 said you need sources that are open and there is very few of those types of games available on windows if im right.

Eric

Payk
April 6th, 2006, 16:32
Yes only portation are possible (ok it could be possible to make such a directx emulation).

Think about each device which has to be emulated. Such as Windows-Regestry, somekind of HDD emulation, somekind of x86-architecture-emu and MUCH MORE. So portations are the only possible way for "normal" coders.