PDA

View Full Version : Psp Power Saver v.0.1.0 Minor Bugfix

Warlock-
June 16th, 2009, 02:14
If this is in the wrong section please feel free to move it...

I decided to post this myself, so no one will copy from qj -.- and bitch and I would never see it.

After my brother failed at uploading the correct file I decided eh why not just skip that. There was a compatability bug with the 3000 which is now fixed thanks to .GamingNoob12. for the help...

I believe you know what this is by now if you dont... -.-

About:

Don't you hate when you are playing a game and about to beat the level and your psp power is low and you have to run to go get the charger? Well that is no more because with the Psp Power Saver
you can now play for longer periods time.Just enable the prx and viola. This is just a beta release so you probably wont notice the power increase because its only about a 15% increase.
In later revisions i will attempt to amp it up to about 50 or 100%. :p So enjoy... Any questions comments or bugs? Email them to me at [email protected] Or aim me at Tsh SlipKnot
I am not responsible for your psp blowing up when you use this ;) This project is closed source for now, I wont release the source until I abandon the project or until I cant do anything else with it...

How it works:

This turns off the umd driver when you are not using it (iso/cso, Homebrew,internet,music ect.) In turn this will save you power and the app conserves power whenever it can, ie. when you arent using it.

THIS DOES NOT TOUCH YOU BATTERY! I am tired of people saying I ****ed up their batteries but it turns out it was human error because they tried to open it or dropped it ect.
I do not want a billion emails saying "Dood wat happenz it doznt work" -.- It works its just in really early stages...

Installation:

Put the PspPowerSaver.prx in your seplugins folder
And add ms0:/seplugins/PspPowerSaver.prx to your game.txt

Changelog:

v.0.1.0
-Minor Bugfix...

v.0.0.9
-5.03 GEN-A Support!
-I completely removed the the function that removes turns off the drivers that load up the rss channel, location free player,gocam, and the internet radio because I personally did not notice a difference and people were having issues...
-Fixed a few bugs
-Now 15%
-It uses minimal ram so it wont shut off your psp... so I dont want a flood of emails...

v.0.0.8 Alternative
-Removed the function that removes turns off the drivers that load up the rss channel, location free player,gocam, and the internet radio

v.0.0.8
-Fixed a few bugs, having to do with the powersaver battling for ram against prxs like cxmb and nitepr causing random shutoffs
-Psppacked it now it runs smoother

v.0.0.7
-Converted it to a prx because running the eboot everytime at power up was a real pain in the ass
-Now 10%

v.0.0.6
-Increased power to 5%
-Cleaned up the source
-Fixed a few bugs

v.0.0.5 Initial Release
-Fixed ALOT of bugs...
-Fixed the half assed interface
-Now it actually saves power... lol

v.0.0.4 Minor Update
-Fixed some bugs

v.0.0.3
-Meh really buggy will fix in next revision...
-Fixed the problem where it wouldnt run on newer psps
-Fixed the problem where the battery wouldnt charge

CounterCulture- Village noob ;) hehe thanks for answering my questions no matter how nooby.
Thank you to all of my testers, even though I did most of it.
Greatest Thanks to ibdel because without you I would be nowhere :D thanks a million bro.

Thank you to all of my supporters, this app has really come a long way since v.0.05 (initial release) lol...

FAQ:

Q. But Warlock there are bugs? :(
A. Email me at [email protected] and tell me what is wrong and I will fix it asap.

Q. How does it work?
A. This turns off the umd driver when you are not using it (iso/cso, Homebrew,internet,music ect.) In turn this will save you power and the app conserves power whenever it can, ie. when you arent using it.

Q. Will this really blow up my psp?
A. Go **** yourself.

Any ideas for a future version? Email me at [email protected] and I will attempt to implement them into the powersaver asap :p

The newest version will always be at psppowersaver - Google Code (http://code.google.com/p/psppowersaver/)

Good day.

-Warlock

jxx2005
June 16th, 2009, 05:33
sounds interesting

Warlock-
June 18th, 2009, 22:57
Yep it is.

jxx2005
June 19th, 2009, 03:38
i must say
i've been using it since i made that post