PDA

View Full Version : PMP Mod & Muxer V2.00 released! (Media Player for PSP)

wraggster
April 2nd, 2006, 21:25
Jonny (http://jonny.leffe.dnsalias.com/) has released a new version of his Media Player for the PSP, heres whats new:

(!!! THIS APP DOES NOT WORK WITH FW > 1.5 !!!)

First of all, the pmp format is changed. There is a "remuxer" to convert files from the old format to the new one. The remuxer is a command line application, the easyest way to use it is to drag and drop files over it (the new file will be written in the same dir of the old one, along with the log file containing the result of the conversion).

And now the changes in this version:

- VBR MP3s are now supported
- Multiple audio streams can be used (use "select" to switch audio streams)
- Reading routines are now optimized, the app is fully usable with the harddisk or a slow memstick
- Volume boost (from malloc)
- Fast seek with left/right+cross (from malloc)

Some notes about the reading routines:

Reads are now sequential and asynched. Users with the fastest sandisk should expect ~0.5 fps gain (the speed gain goes all in the high bitrate scenes, so should be noticeable). The speed difference between the fastest sandisk and the harddisk is ~0.5 fps. All the other memsticks are in the middle (for example the standard 32MB Sony memstick is 0.1fps slower than the sandisk). Performances can be considered aligned now. The harddisk speed is around 2MB/sec. So, in the worst case, the app can read around 16MBits/sec of video+audios in a "trasparent way" (so, without hitting the general performance).

Download and Give Feedback in the Comments

felonyr301
April 2nd, 2006, 21:56
nice update seems like nothing that i would use in this new update but nice job though. ima give it a download anyways

residentour
April 2nd, 2006, 22:58
Can't we return the last position of the film ?This can be done with the previous malloc version PMP mod player. And i want to see "seek bar" too.

T-2000
April 2nd, 2006, 23:03
not fw 1.5 blah! lol

felonyr301
April 3rd, 2006, 00:24
he means it doesnt work with firmwares higher than 1.5

Elsid
April 3rd, 2006, 13:39
did he say it in french, lol, i think it's pretty clear to me about the fw 1.5.

felonyr301
April 3rd, 2006, 19:58
t 2000 seems to not understand ingles so ill put it in simpler terms if your number looks like 150 then your good if not then its bad...