PDA

View Full Version : PiMPStreamer 0.21 released (a stupid bug resolved)

DickyDick1969
April 2nd, 2006, 21:38
A very wise man told me PiMPStreamer ( Media Streamer) had a reference to the K: drive.....

Actually that caused most of the problemns with PiMPStreamer because people don't have k: drives attached (i do! :mad: )

You can get the patched version (0.21) at
http://www.geocities.com/dickydick1969

or Via the Comments

zx-81
April 2nd, 2006, 21:41
Seems to be a great apps ! :) :)

Unfortunately i can't make it work on PSP 2.5 using latest eloader 0.97 :(

SiZiOUS
April 2nd, 2006, 21:44
Great job :) I'll check it out later. :)

[lum]
April 2nd, 2006, 21:51
The d-link on the site is dead... :/

The app seems great though, have not been able to make the older versions to work, maybe cus I use XP?

felonyr301
April 2nd, 2006, 21:57
too bad i dont got an wireless router *sigh*

The_Ultimate_Eggman
April 2nd, 2006, 22:21
Download link is DEAD !!!! :( gutted

[lum]
April 2nd, 2006, 23:02
Ok link works now but still no luck making it work on my XP box :/

tcjew
April 2nd, 2006, 23:07
Workes for me now :) and i am with XP as well :)
Sound is still a bit choppy but video is quite good allready :eek:
Cant wait for next release :)
looking forward to stream my TV finally to my PSP :cool:

drew4237
April 2nd, 2006, 23:22
u already can u just have to get the location free player

Anger
April 2nd, 2006, 23:36
yeah and a lame ass firmware update you cant downgrade from. not to mention a base station that costs more than a psp does. no thanks ill keep this program.

VERY well done on making this work. as people have said it has sound issues and is still a bit unstable but it now WORKS with EVERY file i played. :)

do you think it is it possible to convert and stream a part of the film/clip to the memory stick before starting to play? i know that means it wont be realtime but maybe 32 megs worth would ease the lag issues. just a suggestion btw feel free to ignore it - your on a role here. :)

Congrats and looking forward to the next version. (dont feel rushed - this is damned impressive work - keep it up)

drew4237
April 2nd, 2006, 23:49
the only bad part about location freeplayer is the price caues u can emulate 2.5 so u can use it but i wont spend the 350 for the unit

mrplug
April 3rd, 2006, 00:07
sweet now it works, sound and video is choppy, even at low bit rate, directory browsing buggy, didnt want to go in my furturama directory. and exiting to the file menu seems to lockup, other than that i love the progress, keep up the good work!!

LazerTag
April 3rd, 2006, 01:20
Video appears fine for me the sound is choppy/crackling. I tried adjusting the bitrates for both nothing seemed to make much difference. I noticed if you stop your video first using square, the exit with triangle it seems to get past the hang.

great stuff. very nice job.

IndianCheese
April 3rd, 2006, 02:51
This definately needs some improvements. The audio is choppy, the video stops every second to rebuffer, the program shuts down randomly, and sometimes my PSP won't even connect to the router.

CoderX
April 3rd, 2006, 03:39
The pc streams great.

The psp doesnt pickup the slack, and usualy restarts shortly after a vid starts.
Apairs to be a programing error rather then a hardwear error

Kloe
April 3rd, 2006, 03:42
i got it to run but it won't really run the videos very well. It lags so much it's not even worth trying to watch the video. Maybe it's just the filetype? I dunno I just wish i could get a video to run lol.

Emeriastone
April 3rd, 2006, 06:04
is this a 2.6-er?

Amiga
April 3rd, 2006, 08:37
this version doesnt seem to work on firmware 1.00 :(

or does it??

Shemp
April 4th, 2006, 00:22
Still experiencing selfsame issues in XP. Now, as the documentation is a touch on the spare side, I've got a few questions here:

1) Server-side, does the path have to be the full path to one particular file, or a directory containing several?

2) I'm seeing no activity on the server at all. Should I, even when there is no PSP connected?

3) Is there anything to indicate that my issues are related to the configuration of my network as opposed to some incompatibility in the software?

I'm really hoping that this package keeps being developed: I loved GameShark Media Player on my PS2, and I am looking forward to loving PiMP Streamer on my PSP!

mrplug
April 4th, 2006, 00:50
New version is out, i got it to play at full speed, i love it, its a great start for something so early in devolpment.

Anger
April 4th, 2006, 02:38
i agree, hes making leaps and bounds here. very mpressive work - wish i was that good at coding - the mans a machine. as before keep up the good work. :)