PDA

View Full Version : e[mulator] for PSP 0.80beta5 by e

wraggster
April 2nd, 2006, 23:41
E (http://dev-e.sakura.ne.jp/) has posted a new Beta release of his PC Engine and Wonderswan Emulator for the PSP, dont ask me whats new(in japanese) but you can be sure it has a load of improvements.

Download and Give Feedback via Comments

drew4237
April 3rd, 2006, 00:00
that sucks that we dont know what is new
i was just wondering what someone would use this program for ive seen many updates for it but i still dont really know what it does.

Jonesyxxiv
April 3rd, 2006, 00:01
yeah what can this thing actually do?

chaos-is-me
April 3rd, 2006, 00:07
Wonderswan and PCE (Turbografix) emu. Pretty good and its nice having both in one. You havn't lived til you have played Mr. Driller.

Havn't tried this one but I will let you know if I find anything new.

b8a
April 3rd, 2006, 00:17
From his blog:

<div style="width:95%; margin: auto; padding: 2%; background-color:rgb(230,230,230); border: thin black solid">So you're probably thinking, "Not another beta!", but that's exactly right, it's another beta.

There are still some speed issues remaining, but I believe the emulation accuracy has gone up.
This release is aimed at people who want to test it and submit reports.
I plan to implement a variety of features such as SRAM save in the final version, but at this point they remain unimplemented.

So, if you find any problems, please submit a report.
In time I'll make SRAM save, etc...</div>

From his readme (most of the readme is the same as the previous one I translated, so please see the post for beta4 for the rest):

<div style="width:95%; margin: auto; padding: 2%; background-color:rgb(230,230,230); border: thin black solid">0.80beta5 Just another Wonder Swan fix this time

*What's changed

(*) Features sound DMA
(*) Fixed sweep sound
See the opening selection in Arc the Lad and the Character Select from One Piece to confirm this.
(*) Fixed the problem where SupaRobo1 would stop at the beginning of a battle
(*) Fixed the problem where One Piece would stop when performing a (hissatsu waza) finishing move
(*) Fixed the CPU allocation processing
(*) Fixed a bug in the sprite drawing (Hataraku Chocobo)
(*) Fixed the logic when setting the character name in FF1
(*) Morita Shogi now works (fixed memory access).</div>

danonano420
April 3rd, 2006, 00:20
anyone with 2.0 or up got this to work? I'm using Fanjitas new loader and it freezes when i try to open this up.

drew4237
April 3rd, 2006, 00:23
i tried it to but it wont work on 2.0+

drew4237
April 3rd, 2006, 00:23
did u try it on the gta eloader

danonano420
April 3rd, 2006, 00:29
nope, dont have gta.

O-bake
April 3rd, 2006, 00:29
Great!
I just finished my studies for today and a new beta is exactly what i need :)

and btw, i never thought "Oh no, not another beta".
i can't get enough of them, thanks a lot.

PsychoSync
April 3rd, 2006, 02:07
It's great to have a good wonderswan emulator but I would so much prefer to see the PCEngine emu been worked on...

not here anymore
April 3rd, 2006, 13:44
actually I hope that the author will divide his emulator once it is advanced enough.
I use PCEP for PC Engine emulation and will only use e[mulator] for Wonderswan so..
It's nice to hear the author plans SRAM emulation!
Later,

TSR

sroon
April 3rd, 2006, 15:09
This thing has almost Snes graphics!

geise69
April 3rd, 2006, 20:34
Yeah it's color palette is almost as good as SNES. As for the cpu it's still 8bit and the gpu is 16bit. It has some really amazing games. Great if you love 2d-shooters. Now the Super CD Rom 2 games and CD Rom 2 games are what really made the pc-engine/TG-16 really shine. My Turbo Duo is still one of my favorite systems next to my Saturn.