PDA

View Full Version : Atlas Game Packs repository

wraggster
April 3rd, 2006, 01:22
Sega Saturn News is happy to host the files for Rockin-Bs excellent Sega Saturn Homebrew Roms Site, heres more info:

This is THE THING for people who want to play Saturn homebrew. There are over 80 Atlas Game Packs available for download, with screenshot, thumbnail, short description and further info. Most people will not know most of the demos and games there, simply because noone would have ever burned 80 CDs to try them out.

Make your selection, download the AGPs you like and create your very own Saturn compilation using Atlas Creator! Just put the AGPs into the AGP subfolder of Atlas Creator and hit MakeIso.bat. It's really that simple!

And by the way: it turns you Saturn into a retro gaming jukebox. I've spent much time to create all these AGPs, the screenshots, the descriptions and stuff and I've even recorded some very nice and popular Mega Drive game tunes which are played back in the main menu.

I've already burned 3 different discs for my personal use, hehe. (of course everything fit's on just two CDs, the third one is my latests The Rockin'-B All Stars).

People already know the bootloader Atlas and that it can be used to create Saturn CDs (with up to 50 games on, presented with some nice menu) like The Rockin'-B All Stars and C4 2005 CD. But it's been rather difficult to create those discs, for the average user.

Now Atlas Creator is out for Windows and MacOS X (and *nix, as it comes with source). It introduces the concept of Atlas Game Packs which is similar to SBI files for Dreamcast. The tool can create Atlas Game Packs and from a collection of such AGPs, it can create Saturn CD images with one or multiple games on and it can even create a HTML website showing all details of your AGP collection. This feature is used to create the Atlas Game Packs website.

Included in the distribution are 4 skins/themes which effect the look of the main Atlas menu on Saturn. Two of them have been created by Arnold (thanks a lot!), one is MacOS X like and the fourth one is that of The Rockin'-B All Stars.

Check out the Atlas Game Packs Website Here --> http://www.rockin-b.de/saturn-atlasgamepacks.html