PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live's Return Brings Xbox Live Issues

Shrygue
June 17th, 2009, 20:21
via Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/5294099/xbox-lives-return-brings-xbox-live-issues)

Xbox Live has just successfully completed an entire day of downtime. Unfortunately, the current uptime isn't quite as successful, with missing games, failing downloads, and unredeemable code issues abounding.

Microsoft flipped Xbox Live's on switch late last night, and while the snazzy new look of the Xbox.com website distracted many of us for a spell, various technical issues have been becoming more and more apparent as the day drags on. For starters, last week's Sega Vintage Collection 2 seems to have disappeared from the Xbox Live Marketplace altogether, and those games that are still available, including the three new releases, seem to be available for purchase but unavailable for download. I tried to download Magic: The Gathering myself, and was greeted by the screen you see here.

Another rampant issue seems to be the failure of pre-order codes for the Xbox 360 version of Ghostbusters. While owners of the PlayStation 3 version are reporting successful redemption, 360 owners aren't able to get their hands on their early-adapter bonus swag.

We've reached out to Microsoft for a status update on the issues, and are eagerly awaiting some sort of response. In the meantime, the Xbox.com support page has been updated with the following message:

Users may experience difficulties when attempting to use Marketplace and/or making purchases. We are aware of the problem and working to resolve the technical issues. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

At least we know they are aware of the problem. I'm just hoping they fix things soon, as I am starting to feel the shakes of pre-emptive Magic withdrawal.

royvedas
June 18th, 2009, 06:33
Ahh reminds me a little of my problem with unredeemable Xbox Live membership codes some months back. Xbox support tried to "walk me through" a zillion of stupid things even though I knew (and they SHOULD have known) that I had nothing to do with the problems. I was "Brother Love" red in the face of pure rage on several occasions during a month or so, talking to these guys.

At least they are acknowledging the problems this time.

Darksaviour69
June 18th, 2009, 10:02
Yeah, last last night I tried to get gun star heroes.... just have to wait